Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI all

I have a 307cc and live in Scotland where its always cold , normally when you put your hand on the door handle the window ropes slightly to allow you to open the door , when the cars frozen this doesnt happen therefore theres no way to open the door , what does other users of the 307cc do

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
HI all

I have a 307cc and live in Scotland where its always cold , normally when you put your hand on the door handle the window ropes slightly to allow you to open the door , when the cars frozen this doesnt happen therefore theres no way to open the door , what does other users of the 307cc do

does anyone know of another good forum where folk actually try to help you :)

·
5,027 Posts
Think its more your car choice thats the problem here. Not many have the cc either in 206/7 or 307/8.

But i'll try and give general help if i can, do the windows close against some type of rubber seal ??

is so get some silicone based spray (not wd40) and spray the rubber, it will hopefully prevent the glass sticking to it,its what was suggested to me as my last 407 used to freeze the drivers door shut.

Leave the roof down and enter 'over the top' :lol:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Think its more your car choice thats the problem here. Not many have the cc either in 206/7 or 307/8.

But i'll try and give general help if i can, do the windows close against some type of rubber seal ??

is so get some silicone based spray (not wd40) and spray the rubber, it will hopefully prevent the glass sticking to it,its what was suggested to me as my last 407 used to freeze the drivers door shut.

Leave the roof down and enter 'over the top' :lol:

The above is one of the best i have ever received , just imagining a cold icy morning and jumpin in with roof opened lol brilliant

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Put vaseline on all the rubbers that the glass touches and the windows will go down what is happening is they are sticking to the rubbers i done this to a friends 206cc and it was fine last winter

·
Registered
43 Posts
First of all, you live in Scotland, and own a CC? Why would you bother? Isn't it always either raining or snowing? :thumb:

Anyway, I would go with what the others have suggested, some form of silicone grease/vaseline to prevent the rubbers from sticking to the glass.

·
5,027 Posts
All this talk of cc owners using vaseline for lubrication is gonna get messy soon :nod::lol:

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
Yea we like our vaseline up here and we are all eternal optimists hence we drive convertables :)

At least when the sun does come out we can get a tan quickly drop roof beer belly out shades on ;)

It is weird though there seem to be more cabriolets in scotland than england :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yea we like our vaseline up here and we are all eternal optimists hence we drive convertables

At least when the sun does come out we can get a tan quickly drop roof beer belly out shades on

It is weird though there seem to be more cabriolets in scotland than england
I've met several Scotsmen, and trust me optimist is not a word I'd use to describe them! :p:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts