Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

First post so thank you for such a valuable forum.

I am new to the world of mechanics and lucky me is starting off with a 2005 307cc. She has a few things needed to be fixed but slowly I'm fixing her up and learning along the way.

The problem I am currently having is I have replaced the drivers side regulator and put the window glass back in but it is only going up half way and for the life of me I can not get it to align properly.

I have greased up the tracks and moved the regulator into all sorts of adjustments but I can not make the window go any further up. The window seems to be in the tracks.

Would anyone know what I could have missed? Could the power window motor be the problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought it and found that both sides the cables were busted in the regulators.

I've put in the passenger side and that works fine.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Sounds like one of the tracks might be out of line. Is it possible to leave all the fastners just short of tight and see if that then allows self alignment of the runners when you operate the window.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I tried that. Yesterday when putting in the passenger side the regulator would go all the way up but now I have put in the glass it only goes half way up. The tracks appear to be all lined up but bolts tight or loose still no luck. Its obviousIy user error but I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Surely not a scientific approach. But try to "stop" the glass on the passenger side, with your bare hand. Then try the same exercise on the drivers side...
Same resistance, different resistance, does the motors behave more or less the same under load? ;-)
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts