Peugeot Forums banner

307cc window not dropping enough

19K views 21 replies 1 participant last post by  wightcc 
#1 ·
I have a 2004 2.0 307cc, just bought it. The passenger door opens fine and the window is fine, the trouble is that when you open the door it doesn't drop enough to clear the roof. The door sensor appears to working though because it does move, just not enough.
If you say it needs to drop 10mm to clear the roof, then mine is only dropping 3mm. Of course you can get the door open but that puts a little strain on the glass. Once open you can push the glass down, shut the door and it moves up to the correct position.
Any ideas?
Thanks all for a great forum!

G
#2 ·
Sounds like the runners are dry or dirty causing them to stick

Clean out and if needed grease up the runners a bit (wind the window down fully first)

Sure it'll make a mess of the windows at first, but once it all settled you can clean them and all is well!

#9 ·
:thumb: It's probably my poor wording of the situation.

Open the door handle and it drops by 3mm rather than 10mm. Once open you can push it down to the 10mm position and when you close the door it goes back up to the top... I did grease but it won't do any harm..

#12 ·
Thanks.

OK, maybe the donor one has the same problem then, it was a reclaimer part.

I'm struggling to see how the handle comes off. If I could work that out, I'd take the one off the drivers side and try it over on the passenger.

Unfortunately the Haynes doesn't cover the 307cc. Any tips?

#19 ·
OK, after previously guessing and playing I have some factual information and a picture that may help.

Firstly the old and new handle operate the regulagtor for the same period of time. With the door card off the interior and looking at what's going on inside the door, it's clear to see the cable operating the window that goes up the runner is very loose.

All that happens when the handle is touched is the slack is taken out of the cable.

The bottom right of the three screws holding the regulator in place will not tighten, it just spins, even with pressure on the inside.

Found the two pieces in the picture below inside the door, not obvious where they have come from.

I think the issue is slack in the cable rather than anything else.

Does this sound posssible? It certainly how it appears from my examination.

Thanks

#21 ·
That clip holds the glass onto the window regulator.
Ah, may that be the problem?

The nut could be off anything in the door. Was someone else at the door previous?
Not to my knowledge, we've only just bought the car so I can't say for sure. Can't see (or feel) anywhere it's from.

Thanks for the patience with this one

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.