Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've got an 03 307CC which today made a racket on opening the window like something was stuck and the window only came down halfway.

The window went back up again but still made the noise.

I've opened up the door card and it sounds like the noise is coming from the motor / gearbox assembly.

Little video is here:
2014 08 02 12 45 30 - YouTube

Any suggestions on what to do next? I'm kinda thinking of taking the motor off and running it in my hand to see if it still makes but I don't know how it's coupled to the window and don't want to take it off without knowing I'll be able to get it back on!

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Does sound like it could be the gearbox. Try touching the casing while it's operating to see if there is any vibration but keep fingers clear of any moving parts. I'd hazard a guess at broken teeth inside the gearbox.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I touched it whilst the window was in operation but couldn't feel anything untoward so, belt and braces, I took the motor / gearbox assembly off the regulator and ran it in my hand.

2014 08 03 10 15 32 - YouTube

All sounds perfect when running in my hand (ignore the 1 sec up, I thought I'd broken something before reading how to do a window reset and this now works!).

Anyways, whilst the motor was off the regulator I pulled the window up and down a couple of times by hand and it feels grindy when I'm pulling it up and down.

So, I'm wondering if either I have a stone stuck in there or (I guess more likely) the regulator is dead and I need to get a new one.

Any ideas?

If it is the regulator, do I need to drill out the rivets for the door handle and then re-rivet afterwards? It may be a job to leave to my friendly mechanic to do, roughly how many hours labour are we looking at?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,

Just looked on Euro's site (I'll probably goto local factors but they're good for an idea on price!) and it's coming out as ~£56 for the regulator which doesn't seem too bad.

What's the labour going to be like, is it a big job?

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
It is not that hard to fit most Peugeot regulators but they tend to be riveted in so need drilled out before you can remove

Convertible ones generally take more time as they need adjustment to seal properly saying that I have only done 206 cc ones never done a 307 cc yet

·
Registered
136 Posts
It is not that hard to fit most Peugeot regulators but they tend to be riveted in so need drilled out before you can remove

Convertible ones generally take more time as they need adjustment to seal properly saying that I have only done 206 cc ones never done a 307 cc yet
Just done both of mine as was squeaky. Got from here
PEUGEOT 307 CC (3B) Window Regulator (front) - VALEO 850843 | eBay

No de-riveting needed, but they are not an exact replacement from original, even though they are the "official" Valeo part.
The drivers side is a real pain as the clip you need to engage on the glass is deep inside. I removed the speaker, but you really need to remove the speaker mounting which is riveted in, but the rivets are near impossible to drill out. But you can remove the slates of the mounting to gain access.
You will need to spend sometime aligning the window to ensure the glass touches the rubbers all around.

Mike

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that replied.

Got a new window regulator at the factors for £50 and fitted by local mechanic for £50 (I'm shy of taking a power drill to my car!).

Noise now gone and just gotta hope for the sun to come back to get the roof down :)

Thanks again for all the help and advice :thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts