Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 years and only the door handle issue however!
Wheel wobble @70mph leaves around 80 but some times not there at all until de celleration back to wobble on steering wheel presents like a thrown wheel weight. Car was bought with it 3 years back.
Whats been done:
Tyres changed & balanced -still there
Tyres re-balanced tec said slight kink in rim
Wheels swopped f to r and r to f - still there.
Track rod ends and steering arms changed -still there.
Brand new OZ wheels bought with new kumhos fitted & balanced @ demon tweaks - still there.
Latest change.
Driver drive shaft, mentioned problem to pug tec instant answer above drive shaft tried J&R cv joints waste of time ces managed to provide correct shaft at £130 - wobble still there not as bad by far but still there had rack checked no play.........:-(
Anyone have any thoughts.
Brand new wheels on brand new d/shaft no steering play no wheel bearing play. No dual mass sounds????
Any thoughts would be great.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had this with another make of vehicle turned out to be gearbox bearings ,not saying it is but worth a check:)
Do you mean diff bearings? Do u remember any noise as I don't get any no whine no rumble but thanks worth a look find it strange why it changed after old shaft removal tried J&R shaft but intermediate bearing was too small so re placed old shaft it use to wobble (steering wheel) quite violently @ 70 but has now moved to 80 so confident it was shaft got the right one and you can just feel it @ 70 starting to come in. Its a bit annoying.
But thanks good to get other perspectives.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gearbox mountings?
Interesting! ! What makes think that the wobble is on the steering wheel presents like out of balance wheel car itself is stable if it's gearbox mount would I not hear /feel this through chassis I know engine hardly moves .
Don't get me wrong but don't understand how would appreciate you thoughts on how it's an interesting one would not have looked at a mount could u explain a bit please but again thanks for input it good to get a wider range of options

·
11,731 Posts
I had this on my 307 - wobble at 70, went at 80. Turned out to be a buckled front wheel. I swapped them to the back and it disappeared.

·
5,672 Posts
Does it get worse or better if you touch the brakes and do you get vibration in pedal when you brake.

I have had a case of similar symptoms which was a warped brake disc

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Interesting! ! What makes think that the wobble is on the steering wheel presents like out of balance wheel car itself is stable if it's gearbox mount would I not hear /feel this through chassis I know engine hardly moves .
Don't get me wrong but don't understand how would appreciate you thoughts on how it's an interesting one would not have looked at a mount could u explain a bit please but again thanks for input it good to get a wider range of options
Just a process of elimination really, if you've overhauled the steering and suspension, as well as parts of the drive system (shafts etc), then there are only a few places to investigate.

I don't know, I may be clutching at straws, maybe when you're travelling at speed, there's a resonant vibration in the drive system or something, and if there's a "weakness" in the support of the drive parts (ie. gearbox) it's being transferred through the system and felt through the steering.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts