Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If at first you don't succeed......

I seem to be incompetent at this thread posting lark. First of all I managed to post the same thread twice so I edited one to say sorry and now the one with the detailed question has disappeared so I'll try again.

My 307cc needs new boots. The original Pirelli P7s have lasted 18,000 miles and have performed well for the 12,000 miles that I've owned the car. I'm inclined to replace like for like but thought it might be wise to see if anyone has any strong recommendations for another brand or pattern.

What works well for you?

The car is mainly used for a daily short commute of 7 miles each way but occasionally gets a business or pleasure trip of a couple of hundred miles, mainly motorway of course. We've just started using the car to tow the caravan and it has been known to do an occasional competitive road rally so good all round tyres would be preferred.

I am price sensitive but I'm happy to pay more if there's a good reason to do so.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations will be welcome so thanks in advance.

·
Registered
905 Posts
BillMex said:
If at first you don't succeed......

I seem to be incompetent at this thread posting lark. First of all I managed to post the same thread twice so I edited one to say sorry and now the one with the detailed question has disappeared so I'll try again.

My 307cc needs new boots. The original Pirelli P7s have lasted 18,000 miles and have performed well for the 12,000 miles that I've owned the car. I'm inclined to replace like for like but thought it might be wise to see if anyone has any strong recommendations for another brand or pattern.

What works well for you?

The car is mainly used for a daily short commute of 7 miles each way but occasionally gets a business or pleasure trip of a couple of hundred miles, mainly motorway of course. We've just started using the car to tow the caravan and it has been known to do an occasional competitive road rally so good all round tyres would be preferred.

I am price sensitive but I'm happy to pay more if there's a good reason to do so.

Any and all suggestions and recommendations will be welcome so thanks in advance.
Hi mate, welcome to the forum.

I had Pirelli's on my motor when I bought it new and was really dissatified with them as did not get much mileage from them..

I then bought a pair of Miche's and believe me mate they are miles better than Pirelli's... since then, I have replaced the rears too and been really happy..

I have Michellin Excellence..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i did have dunlops on rear, which never seemed to wear down at all - still looked new and have done over 40,000 miles. on front i had kumho's from a HiQ subsidery, and have nearly took me to the 15,000 mile mark and i did do motorway and country for the majority of my travels

1 - 4 of 4 Posts