Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

First of all, let me say thank you for all the help you've given me so far. I'd be lost without this forum.:)

Now, I don't know if I'm just hearing things as I've not had a diesel before, but there's a weird noise at idle that sounds (to me) like a belt needs replacing? My initial thoughts were a fan belt maybe? I thought with the engine been cold maybe that was the cause, but the engine was well warmed up and it's still there. It's occasional, as there are times I don't hear it at all.

I have recorded a video to help identify the issue (if there is one - I'm no mechanic). It sounds like it's coming from the left-side of the engine if stood facing the bonnet. It may also be present when driving, but as I am always inside the car I couldn't say for sure. It doesn't have any affect on the drive whatsoever. It runs silky smooth. Sometimes feels a bit sluggish but I put this down to a couple of my tyres having a slow puncture and deflating a bit.

https://youtu.be/Jrjn2RrSJl8

Does it sound like anything to worry about? Many thanks guys :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have the same noise on my petrol 1.6 2006 307cc which I have just bought and has only done 63,000 miles and I’m thinking maybe the crankshaft pulley or tensioner however I could be wrong. I need to investigate further.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts