Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i have a 307cc 06 model its been a little glitchy starting from cold but generally has been fine mechanically and electrically except a slight flutter on the dipped beam and interior fan. today it wont start. the console is "binging" while the screen wipers wipe once, sometimes the starter motor cuts in and out with the beeping and sometimes it doesnt. i hear there are a few electrical issues with these vehicles, ive not had this one long but dont really know where to start. windows and locks all fine :eek:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
oh yeah forgot to mention, it just wont start at all. doesnt even seem to want to let me try, its like an explosion of electronics when i try with the wipers and beeping from the dash and the cranking cutting in and out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry guys, been panicking all day, my names dan and im from bournemouth was a mechanic for vw for a few years .... pretty much got fed up of working for a md. havent touched a spanner in 15 years, now bought a 307cc 2006 just before xmas, starting to feel a little let down, after clearing my depolloution fault this all happens

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 307cc started to make a chime noise when I turned the starter - according to my local stealers it turns out it chimes once the battery voltage gets too low - if it's left it does start buggering up the electrics. I had the battery changed and no problems since...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Certainly looks like a battery problem. If battery turns out to be ok then check the battery earth lead for any signs of fraying.

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Dan, if you need some help with your car you are welcome to contact me for diagnostics or advice, although you are a mechanic and I drive a lorry....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
replaced battery

i replaced the battery today and all seemed fine, until i tried to open the drivers window, now it only drops in stages of one inch at a time, makes very difficult for locking up , all three others are fine.

just thought id check the roof and it aborts after raising the boot and wings,

got a feeling its all linked.

obv clock is flashing.

i tried a BSI reset but it didnt seem to do anything, read up apparently it can take a couple of tries.

will re check method and try bsi reset again. at least im back on the road, the car itself is lovely and drives really well, just a shame about these electrical hic-ups

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Dan, if you need some help with your car you are welcome to contact me for diagnostics or advice, although you are a mechanic and I drive a lorry....

thank you, just trying to muddle my way through it.

i remember when fixing my car gave me dirty hands !!!

G

·
0 Posts
Yes I have, and like you I am muddling my way through it but I guess practice makes perfect....

The window may just be resetting itself, anti-trap thing, I think if you do the window up and keep the up button pressed it will sort it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts