Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 307CC has the 138 bhp 2 litre 16v petrol engine. It was an import into the UK from a Paris supplier, although in full UK spec ie rhd, and I have had it from new.
Recently, after 16k mileage, I took out one of spark plugs to check it, and found it was one of the multi-electrode (4) type made by EYQUEM with a ref No. of RFN 52 HZ 3A.
As I understand it from looking at the EYQEM website's sparkplug catalogue, that particular spark plug was designated for 'cold countries'.

So my question is this ..... what is the correct spark plug for this engine in the UK ?

·
Registered
862 Posts
Bungie said:
My 307CC has the 138 bhp 2 litre 16v petrol engine. It was an import into the UK from a Paris supplier, although in full UK spec ie rhd, and I have had it from new.
Recently, after 16k mileage, I took out one of spark plugs to check it, and found it was one of the multi-electrode (4) type made by EYQUEM with a ref No. of RFN 52 HZ 3A.
As I understand it from looking at the EYQEM website's sparkplug catalogue, that particular spark plug was designated for 'cold countries'.

So my question is this ..... what is the correct spark plug for this engine in the UK ?

Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

NGK plugs part No LFR5B CAN BE COPPER/PLATINUM OR IRIDIUM.
Alternatively
Denso performance part No IKH16 these have an iridium centre.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the moose said:
Hi and welcome to the forum :thumb:

NGK plugs part No LFR5B CAN BE COPPER/PLATINUM OR IRIDIUM.
Alternatively
Denso performance part No IKH16 these have an iridium centre.
I have read elsewhere on a french peugeot owners forum that NGK spark plugs & 16v Peugeot engines don't really like each other. :confused:
I am also lead to believe that Peugeot now fit a Champion plug to a UK spec engine, but which one ? :help:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bungie said:
My 307CC has the 138 bhp 2 litre 16v petrol engine......

OK, a definitive answer at last from Peugeot UK, they emailed that 'the equivalent' plug is in fact a Champion REC9MCLX for the UK market. :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts