Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can someone help with 4 probably unrelated matters (all of them did not occur at once, but rather separately):

1. Left and right FRONT only windows are not listening to proper commands. Lets say I push the button down, the window goes up. Then I push down again, it goes down correctly.
Let say I push down, down, down, down, in that case the window will go up, down, up, down (not sure if exactly in strict 50/50 wrong/correct order).

How to fix it? I was told it is not electrical, but mechanical issue with the buttons... REAR windows work correctly.

2. Button in the center console (next to the roof up/down button) that controls all windows at once stopped working. Lost connection somewhere? How to fix it?

3. After I remove car battery (restart ECU etc) my windows are not 100% closing. You know with cabrio 307, when you open your doors the window "drops" a bit and when you close it goes back up. In my case it does not come back up (found rain water inside due to this).
I was told that you need to use windows up button from my question #2, push it up and hold for 10 seconds, that fixes this issue after car battery change. Is it correct? I believe something like that worked for me previous times when I changed battery, but not sure, because I tried it for a few times (or even couple days) till it got fixed. So I can not trace what exactly did it. Advice please :)

4. Sometimes driver doors do not unlock remotely (you can not hear it click open). And the funny thing is that it does not unlock even when you enter the key and turn. Something broken there? The thing is that more often it opens, so it is not completely broken?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need to perform a BSI reset and reset your windows. All documented on here.
I assume this is an answer to question #3 of windows not coming fully back up when doors closed? :)

Isn't removing car battery for longer periods resetting BSI? That is what is causing those windows to act that way in the first place.
And they actually were fixed by me doing that 10 second thing for a few times/couple days. I just have no idea what exactly was that because I did not register when exactly they start working correctly.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
The advice on resetting the window height (hold button for 10sec) is correct.

For the other issues, open up the BSI and the engine compartment fusebox. Look for water/corrosion. Do a thorough clean with electrical switch cleaning spray.

·
Registered
15,105 Posts
Sounds like your switch is worn or dirty internally BUT you seem to have more than 1 issue so i would check the wiring where it goes into drivers door from door pillar wiring can get broken here causing strange issues.

Disconnecting the battery ALWAYS upsets the windows in most modern cars.

Holding up for 10 seconds will reset your windows but only if your switch is working correctly.

Water ingress in BSI is also a possibility as above.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The advice on resetting the window height (hold button for 10sec) is correct.
Thanks for confirmation. I was unsure because it seemed that I had to do it for a couple/few times during the longer period to finally set windows straight. So I was not even sure if exactly this 10sec thing was the cause for fixing it :)

For the other issues, open up the BSI and the engine compartment fusebox. Look for water/corrosion. Do a thorough clean with electrical switch cleaning spray.
Do you mean for all the other issues including door lock not unlocking sometimes? Asking since not sure if that is BSI issue the same way as windows buttons :)
If you confirm that door not unlocking is included in this BSI suggestion, you may be correct, because it would be 3 seemingly separate issues, so one cause (BSI water damaged) would make sense. I mean more odds than 3 separate issues appearing at random, and unrelated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Do you mean for all the other issues including door lock not unlocking sometimes?
It is a possibility. So are the suggestions of Reliable406. No-one can be sure in these matters. It is a case of trying what is likely, because of the experiences of others. One has to work methodically through the list.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
One more problem, after 6 months (long winter :D ) tried to take down the roof and it stopped in the middle of the process (windows went down, boot/trunk went up, but the roof itself did not start to get down).
On the screen it said "roof mechanics faulty".

Any chance this could also be related to BSI and all the other issues I am having? Maybe some sensor not working etc, because I did not see any mechanical issues with the mechanism.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
It is possible that the BSI is involved - there is digital communication between the BSI and the Roof ECU. But it could be that the catches which fasten the roof to the windscreen have jammed. Try a firm blow with the side of a fist at each corner. Use a rolled up towel or similar as a cushion.

The best way to get insight into the problem is to use the Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic software. This runs on a Win XP (must be 32 bit) installation, and requires a hardware interface usually referred to as the Lexia 3. You can go to a Peugeot dealer, buy your own (example here), or get a nearby member of the forum to do it (link).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It is possible that the BSI is involved - there is digital communication between the BSI and the Roof ECU. But it could be that the catches which fasten the roof to the windscreen have jammed. Try a firm blow with the side of a fist at each corner. Use a rolled up towel or similar as a cushion.

The best way to get insight into the problem is to use the Peugeot Planet 2000 diagnostic software. This runs on a Win XP (must be 32 bit) installation, and requires a hardware interface usually referred to as the Lexia 3. You can go to a Peugeot dealer, buy your own (example here), or get a nearby member of the forum to do it (link).
Thanks.

I just read something similar regarding the roof, after long period of not using:

I had this problem last year, there is a chance that the roof locks are still in. They tend to seize when the roof isn’t used thought the winter. If you remove the plastic disc from the roof you can see the lock mechanism. Try cycling the roof and watch to see if you can see the locks move. If not gently assist the locks to turn using the silver tool than comes with the car handbook. After a couple of attempts mine loosen off and works fine again. If the locks are moving fine then there is a different problem that needs all little more speciallist tools
Sounds like plausible thing, will check tomorrow :)

As for the scanning - I was reluctant to do so because people tried to "advice" me that all of those issues were mechanical, meaning they won't appear while scanning. So I decided not to spend money :D

You sound like an experienced guy so if you say it is somewhat likely that these problems will appear during diagnostic scan, I am going to do so.

Before that I will check my BSI block for water damage, as it was suggested before though.

·
Registered
61 Posts
One more problem, after 6 months (long winter :D ) tried to take down the roof and it stopped in the middle of the process (windows went down, boot/trunk went up, but the roof itself did not start to get down).
On the screen it said "roof mechanics faulty".

Any chance this could also be related to BSI and all the other issues I am having? Maybe some sensor not working etc, because I did not see any mechanical issues with the mechanism.

Thanks
When mine did that it was the windows. From what I can gather, as the boot opens, the windows come down. Then the roof itself starts to move. When my windows were confused, it reached this point and did exactly what yours did. I reset the windows and all was well again.
It also did it one time when I took the battery off with the roof down. Boot went up then, because it didn't know where the windows were it failed. Reset the windows and it worked properly again.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
When mine did that it was the windows. From what I can gather, as the boot opens, the windows come down. Then the roof itself starts to move. When my windows were confused, it reached this point and did exactly what yours did. I reset the windows and all was well again.
It also did it one time when I took the battery off with the roof down. Boot went up then, because it didn't know where the windows were it failed. Reset the windows and it worked properly again.
Too bad I can not test it now because window up button *which 100 seconds up resets the windows" is not working :D

However, I do not remember roof having this issue last summer when my windows were not rested after battery change... On the other hand I can not be 100% sure that I tried roof down on those days my windows were not reset :)
So it surely could be windows as well...

Ps: what was the error on your display at that time? Same as mine? Roof mechanism faulty? Or something like "windows not deployed" ?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I "fixed" all windows switch - there is a button on driver's doors which locks and unlocks that all windows switch... So I pressed that button and all windows switch started working.

But I still can not get my windows to go fully up (that 10 seconds thing)!
It was as the previous times, I tried that 10 sec. thing for a few times during the course of couple days and only at some random time windows were fixed and fully up. It is very strange, that was the reason I was not absolutely sure about that 10 sec. thing.

BUT: not sure if related or not, but after activating all windows switch, my roof still do not go down, but now instead of fault "roof mechanism faulty" it displays "boot mechanism not locked!". It acts the same, just different fault somehow.

Advice please :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've never done the ten second thing, but when my windows would only move up one inch at a time, I just repeatedly moved them up one inch at a time until closed, then opened and closed them a couple of times.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've never done the ten second thing, but when my windows would only move up one inch at a time, I just repeatedly moved them up one inch at a time until closed, then opened and closed them a couple of times.
That sounds like a different issue.
My windows move properly, the issue is that they do not close fully up (you know when you open the door they go down a little bit and when you close they go back fully up). This issue arise whenever I disconnect car battery. And hen somehow I fix this issue in the period of few days and many times using the 10 sec. thing. At one point they just start working properly, but certainly not after the first or second time trying 10 sec. thing.. It is likely I will report that they finally started working properly some time soon and I will not be sure what action of mine got it fixed :D

My main issue is now the roof not going down. :( Summer is being wasted... :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To understand how the roof works, watch this video.
Yeah, I already checked that. Does not help much in determining why my roof does not open (and why the fault message changed).

I will pay for diagnostic tomorrow, I hope diagnostic tool will show more info than just the fault code I already saw on my display :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts