Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few problems with my 2004 307cc 2 litre petrol. Had a good diagnostics done and gradually getting the bits it needs, only got new injectors to fit, hopefully today. Car runs superb til it hits 90 degrees on the temp gauge then only runs on 3 cylinders, number 2 injector was diagnosed as being faulty, when the fan cuts in and the engine temp drops bellow 90 all is well again. Could this be pointing to another problem or am I just starting to get a bit paranoid?:eek:

·
11,731 Posts
The temperature issue is a common one. Water hits a certain temperature then the gauge shoots into the red and the STOP light comes on. Then it returns to normal.

That's down to a faulty temperature sender unit and easy to swap out. Whether this is happening on yours and some sort of electrical "spike" is causing the other problem I can't say.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The temperature issue is a common one. Water hits a certain temperature then the gauge shoots into the red and the STOP light comes on. Then it returns to normal.

That's down to a faulty temperature sender unit and easy to swap out. Whether this is happening on yours and some sort of electrical "spike" is causing the other problem I can't say.
STOP light isn't coming on and gauge isn't shooting up, just get a misfire til temp drops bellow 90

·
5,674 Posts
I would check all the earth points around engine and by the battery.

The fan draws a fair current and may cause a high resistance and no2 injector needs more current than the others.

You could try swapping around injectors and see if fault moves. If yes poor injector if no then check wiring and injector/ecu plugs/pins

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would check all the earth points around engine and by the battery.

The fan draws a fair current and may cause a high resistance and no2 injector needs more current than the others.

You could try swapping around injectors and see if fault moves. If yes poor injector if no then check wiring and injector/ecu plugs/pins
Would it be worthwhile also fitting an earth tag to the ECU too?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well thanks to Jack307 connecting peugeot planet to my 307cc I think/hope it's now fixed. He cleared the old codes and it came up with open circuit on injector number 1, I'd already bought a 2nd hand set of injectors from ebay for the massive sum of £16.50p with P+P and fitted them today. Went to do a spot of shopping with the EML on and anti pollution flashing away, after shopping no EML and no anti pollution flashing, no miss fire, so far so good. Hooray at last.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts