Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a newbie here, apologies if this has been asked before-didn't spot anything via search..

On daughters car, when raising the roof, the boot opens as expected, but at the point where it is fully open, and the roof should start to move, it doesn't. However, after say 3 tries, it will work as normal. Yesterday, I managed to cycle it full 3 times. First go this morning, problem as described. The only thing I have noticed is the nearside boot strut/spring assembly appearsto have a slight oil leak, as there is more of a film of oil around than I would expect-just wondering if this might be affecting a micoswitch - anyone experience this please?

D

·
0 Posts
Check the oil level in the reservoir. The motor is in the spare wheel well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding. I did look at the pump to check for leaks-the reservoir seems to be blue in colour but I wasn't sure if it was the colour of the reservoir or the colour of the fluid I was looking at? There appears to be a filler plug - do you need to remove this to check the level? If it is low, what type of fluid is used?

D

·
0 Posts
Thank you for responding. I did look at the pump to check for leaks-the reservoir seems to be blue in colour but I wasn't sure if it was the colour of the reservoir or the colour of the fluid I was looking at? There appears to be a filler plug - do you need to remove this to check the level? If it is low, what type of fluid is used?
Its special fluid. Your dealer will be able to get it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, its special but I think this is the wrong direction- I have 2 bmws with hydraulic systems very similar to this set up, and they get noisy if short of fluid, proably due to caviation. I don't have this with the 307, its quite smooth. Once the boot is open is the roof movement initiated by a microswitch, and if so where is it? I found a couple each side, but don't know their functions. I'm suspecting contamination by oil from the strut-just need more info

1 - 5 of 5 Posts