Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 cc with the roof stuck open i was in the process of closing it the boot opened then suddenly everything stopped have message stating roof malfunction .
Prior to this i had to close the luggage cover in the boot has prompted before opening it .
possible cause i think is main switch dirty contacts or dirty contacts thinking that is or something please help with the amount of posts available surely someone has a fix

·
Registered
52 Posts
I may be wrong, but i believe you need Peugeot Planet (Software and interface) to reset roof, post to see if theres anyone local who may be able to help
else its a trip to the dealers

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Neighbour had same problem with 308 convertible - roof was closing when the phone went - he turned off the ignition and when he got back roof would not close.

Got the aa out - tried everything to close - turned out there is a manual way to close the roof.

The roof is hydraulic - there is a 'tap' for want of a better word - which you turn to release the pressure in the hydraulic system - and the roof can then be closed by hand.

In the case of the neighbour - he turned the engine off - the car assumed the roof was shut - which it wasn't - hey presto its stuck in the open position.

I remember him pointing to inside the boot area (location of 'tap') and something about there being two such taps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
roof now up but still issues

Well the cause of this i think was we disconnected the battery to get to the auto box fluid top up inlet reconnected battery opened the roof went to close it the roof stayed down but boot lid was stuck up managed to get the roof up and boot closed electronically my son played with the fob on re testing although the boot opens windows come down then nothing throws error roof mechanism faulty have to shake boot lid to and fro then try again had a couple of messages 2 roof not locked and boot not locked read on the forums that roof needs resetting I did think i heard a pop from engine compartment fuses box but fuses look ok there is i think a 60amp relay fuse that controls the roof pump but not sure where its located or what it looks like i tried 3 times this morning and again got the windows down boot open then dam error message but stuck again only bonus roof still up had to give the boot a good shake back and fro a couple of times then it closed i have just read that the locks get stiff also and by loosing the the Allen key bolt a little free em off just need to go buy some has there are none in the car . Failing that is there anyone in Northamptonshire who as this magic Planet software diagnostics that can do a reset
Give me jaguar any day easy to work on

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fix for roof

Due to non helpful members . This is i fixed my stuck roof

1 I purchased a new battery did a hard reset
2 I coated the boot lock emergency and release mechanism cables with 3 in one oil .
3 Sprayed 3-1 oil on switchs i-e boot parcel cover switch oil ed the locks

Seems to be working fine i would sugest to anyone to lubricate all hinges and moving parts.

Main point here is a defective Battery was the most likely the cause

Thanks

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Due to non helpful members .
You had replies to your question. They may or may not have helped but they tried. No one was stopping you taking it to a dealer or independant for assistance. Pretty sure neither would have given you an instant solution either.

One thing you need to be made aware of. Members of this forum are not highly paid Peugeot technicians who get paid for answering questions. In fact the members are mostly like you - ordinary people who have gained various levels of knowledge over a period of time regarding the Peugeot marque and try to help other members without charge. UNLIKE YOU, most are not ungratefull and impatient. We don't get paid to sit at a computer waiting for questions to come in. Also, not every member has experience of CC cars and those that do may not have logged on to the forum and seen your message or may not have experienced your particular problem.

Thanks to your response, next time you experience a problem you may find that some people may just take the view that they don't want to help you and let you try to figure it out yourself.

If you don't like the way this or other forums work you are welcome to go elsewhere for help - no one is forcing you to use it.

·
11,780 Posts
Due to non helpful members .
Read the FAQ.

This forum has been here for years and there's no obligation to only sign up when you're having problems, consider joining the community when you become a Peugeot owner.

The AA wouldn't entertain a discount instant membership request after you've broken down, we operate on the same principle. So please do not start demanding instant answers or get shirty if people don't respond quickly. Not everyone is online 24 hours a day and not everyone knows the answer. If your question had had many views but no response, consider that this forum gets lots of views from Spambots and Google search inquiries, which may make up the views.

And the majority of our members own the older 206, 307 and 407 range of cars.

http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/#post529130

You were given some excellent pieces of advice from members, who don't own cabriolets but tried to help anyway. Did you contact anyone for a diagnostic? Your number of posts tells me not.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You had replies to your question. They may or may not have helped but they tried. No one was stopping you taking it to a dealer or independant for assistance. Pretty sure neither would have given you an instant solution either.

One thing you need to be made aware of. Members of this forum are not highly paid Peugeot technicians who get paid for answering questions. In fact the members are mostly like you - ordinary people who have gained various levels of knowledge over a period of time regarding the Peugeot marque and try to help other members without charge. UNLIKE YOU, most are not ungratefull and impatient. We don't get paid to sit at a computer waiting for questions to come in. Also, not every member has experience of CC cars and those that do may not have logged on to the forum and seen your message or may not have experienced your particular problem.

Thanks to your response, next time you experience a problem you may find that some people may just take the view that they don't want to help you and let you try to figure it out yourself.

If you don't like the way this or other forums work you are welcome to go elsewhere for help - no one is forcing you to use it.

Re Your Comment No one was stopping you taking it to a dealer or independant for assistance. Pretty sure neither would have given you an instant solution either.
Well the whole reason i posted on here was to find a possible solution but obviously that was not gong to be the case i fixed it myself saved a lot of money after it was only basic logic to find the cause not a lot of that amoungest peougeot service engineers as it took a computer engineer who uses logic everyday to find the fix Regards

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Well consider yourself being on my ignore list from now on. Good luck sorting out future issues on your own with your attitude. I'm sure this forum will not miss you if you decide to leave.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well consider yourself being on my ignore list from now on. Good luck sorting out future issues on your own with your attitude. I'm sure this forum will not miss you if you decide to leave.
thats fine but obviously ur niggled is it becausse i fixed it :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts