Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ..... Well my 55 plate 307cc has managed to shoot a final shot at me after 18 months of torture owning it ! We decided to trade it in next week ...... so today the roof opened fine ..... but on closing the roof it goes through to when the boot shuts and stops ! the roof opens again fine and the boot lid shuts then ?... so at the moment i cant complete the closing of the roof as the boot stays open ? anyone have any idea as whats gone wrong ? cheers

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The problem has been resolved now, and i thought i would post the results here just in-case someone else has the same problem..... But first i will tell the story of the main dealers who i believe tried to extract as much money as possible from me and followed that up by trying to virtually steal the car from me !!
i took it to the main stealer and they charged me £65 for an half hour diagnostics, i dropped the car off at 8am when it opened and when i phoned at 4 pm it still had not been looked at ?? at 4.10 they phoned me to tell me that they needed another 2 hours to look at it at a cost of £190 and they wanted to keep it overnight !! i refused to pay up the £190 after already having spent in excess of £2000 in the last 18 months of ownership of this pile of junk and asked them about part ex on a car i had seen on the forecourt ? after an hour of hard sell , they offered me £800 for my 55 plate 307cc ....... i refused and left ,i genuinely believe they were out to con me !!
The next day my wife phoned our local mechanic who services our car and explained the problem ..he said drop it down to me and i will have a look .....within an hour the car was fixed and cost us £90 .....How can a back street mechanic fix it so quickly and the might of a Peugeot dealership be unable to fix it ??
i am happy to say 3 days later i got rid of the car and got £2000 in part ex for it and will never ever buy a PEUGEOT again
Oh and the problem with the boot was in the locking point as the roof joins the windscreen ,one of the pins were bent and the sensor wasn't able to tell the boot to shut ..... quite a simple fix for a mechanic as i understand ?
This will most likely be my last post here due to the above statement ,all i can say is good luck to the rest of you Pug owners ........ You will need it !:lol:

·
11,766 Posts
You should have contacted a member on the Peugeot Planet Map thread.

A tenner would have got you a diagnostic the same as what Peugeot do. From there you could have found the faulty part and picked up another. I've done a few 206cc's with similar problems.

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
This will most likely be my last post here due to the above statement ,all i can say is good luck to the rest of you Pug owners ........ You will need it !:lol:
You only read on these forums about people who've had trouble, you hardly ever hear from the many thousands of Peugeot owners who are perfectly happy with their cars. I am now on my sixth Peugeot with no problems to speak of and I will happily buy Peugeot again. Good luck to you with whatever you have decided to go for. Any make of car can give trouble, not just Peugeot:nod:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You should have contacted a member on the Peugeot Planet Map thread.

A tenner would have got you a diagnostic the same as what Peugeot do. From there you could have found the faulty part and picked up another. I've done a few 206cc's with similar problems.
its not the fact that i had to pay the £65 to the main dealer .... its the fact that they said they could not find the fault and would need another 2 hrs diagnostics at a further £190 cost to me .... To me that is dishonest and then offering me £800 part ex is bordering on fraud in my eyes ... and the fact that you say you have done a few with similar problems also makes me more convinced i was being fleeced as i would have expected this problem to have passed though a main dealer more than once and expected one of the mechanics there to know what the problem was ......
i realise i bought a bad car and have to live with that and i know all pugs are not crap ..... my good luck comment was to the owners who have to take their car to a main dealers as we can all agree they overcharge to the maximum :cool:

·
Registered
357 Posts
its not the fact that i had to pay the £65 to the main dealer .... its the fact that they said they could not find the fault and would need another 2 hrs diagnostics at a further £190 cost to me .... To me that is dishonest and then offering me £800 part ex is bordering on fraud in my eyes ... and the fact that you say you have done a few with similar problems also makes me more convinced i was being fleeced as i would have expected this problem to have passed though a main dealer more than once and expected one of the mechanics there to know what the problem was ......
i realise i bought a bad car and have to live with that and i know all pugs are not crap ..... my good luck comment was to the owners who have to take their car to a main dealers as we can all agree they overcharge to the maximum :cool:
I think you are blaming Peugeot as a brand whereas you should be claiming the dealer who will have, hopefully, trained Peugeot mechanics but not owned by Peugeot. I am like another on this forum who is on his seventh Pug two of which I sill own and no problems other than fair wear and tear with them all. Reading about cabriolet cars all of them seem to suffer with roof problems, particularly the hard tops which have a lot of complex stuff for them to work. A bent pin, the cause of the problem, is no reason to blame Peugeot as it might have been caused by some foreign debris getting in the way. You obviously have had issues with the car and good luck with whatever you replaced it with but do not expect many others to be any better. Just look at the JD Power Reliability tables to convince yourself not to buy a Beemer!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Peugeot 307cc roof fault?

Never had the issue with the roof opening or closing before, still not even driven the damn car. Tried opening the roof today to clean it, and the boot opens up, but the two black parts don't open. If I stop just after the boot is up, then continue the black parts open, but the roof doesn't come down. It kind of shudders.

Can anyone tell me what's happening please??

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have exactly the same problem as you have, boot opens but nothing further. Release and press the button again and the black flaps come up, roof shudders but doesn't move, and nothing more.

If I find out what the problem is I will post the solution here.

·
Registered
14,533 Posts
Your rear window is not dropping into the car thats where the issue is common problem after a time of no use once boot is fully up the rear window is released and drops into car slightly this allows the roof to fold if window does not drop it stops.

Front catches may be sticking and not releasing this will also stop the cycle it all has to work in sequence.

There are other possible things like cables disconnected at rear rams but this seems to be the common issue

·
Registered
21 Posts
I stripped everything back, in the end it was the catches that connect the roof to the front that were not releasing. I operated them manually a few times, oiled all the joints on the catches, and took the roof through it's sequence and everything is fine.

Unfortunately I didn't see your response until after I had finished, so I probably took a lot more apart than was necessary!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Never had the issue with the roof opening or closing before, still not even driven the damn car. Tried opening the roof today to clean it, and the boot opens up, but the two black parts don't open. If I stop just after the boot is up, then continue the black parts open, but the roof doesn't come down. It kind of shudders.

Can anyone tell me what's happening please??

Hi George307CC, I got your PM but the site won't let me reply as I have fewer than 20 posts. Apparently that's a thing.

In answer to your question I took a series of photos and videos showing ow to do it, I will post them here so that you and others sent by google can see how to rectify it. I've been very busy for the last few days but I should get the chance to upload everything in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi George307CC, I got your PM but the site won't let me reply as I have fewer than 20 posts. Apparently that's a thing.

In answer to your question I took a series of photos and videos showing ow to do it, I will post them here so that you and others sent by google can see how to rectify it. I've been very busy for the last few days but I should get the chance to upload everything in the next couple of days.[/QUOTE]

That would be amazing! Thank you very much 🙂. I appreciate it, and I'm sure everyone else will too!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ok, here goes. In two parts as apparently I can only put 4 images in each post.

This is to fix an error in the roof of a Peugeot 307 CC. The exact problem is that when the roof open switch is pulled, the windows will drop and the boot opens correctly, but nothing further happens. The pump continues to run but the plastic flaps on the sides don't rise.

Releasing the switch and pulling again will cause the plastic flaps to rise, and then the roof shudders a little, but still doesn't open. Using the switch in the close direction will cause the closing sequence to occur correctly. At no point does it tell you there is an error in roof function.

The problem is caused by the the two latches / hooks that fix the roof onto the top of the windscreen failing to disengage correctly. There is a little hydraulic cylinder at the front of the roof that drives these two latches, and also two latches on the other section of roof that moves, by the rear seats.
If for some reason it jams or doesn't have the power to open, this problem will occur. In my case it happened due to the roof not being used for several months over a long winter.

This is the cylinder with the ceiling panel removed:

These are the catches that are sticking:

These are the catches by the rear seats:

The fix is to take the roof through that opening sequence manually a couple of times to free everything up. I used a little WD40 on the latches as well to clean everything out, but it may not be necessary. You don't need to do the entire opening sequence, just the part that is sticking.

In my case I stripped a lot of the roof mechanism apart to investigate, but this isn't necessary and the whole thing can be done in a few minutes. You will need the allen key tool that is apparently in the vehicle to do this.

Steps:

1. Open the boot normally and remove the carpet entirely. Get access to the pump bleed screw. It's on the right hand side of the black plastic cover on the floor that was covered by the carpet. I think there is a little plastic tab covering it that you need to pop off. It's around 1-2 inches. I had the entire piece removed so I don't have pictures of it, but have a look at this diagram from the car manual:

·
Registered
21 Posts
This is what the actual screw looks like. In this image the whole pump unit is exposed, however when stored in the car it's all inside a cover with a little hole that should line up with this one screw:

Loosen the screw half a turn just to get it moving while you have easy access, and then tighten it up again. Pull the screen across to allow the roof to open. Now close the boot.

2. Pull the roof down switch until everything stops and the roof shudders, boot open and flaps lifted. Now get out and go to the boot. Release the screen, and turn the bleed screw half a turn. Replace the pull screen.

3. Use the allen key tool to manually release the catches. I had removed my ceiling cover so it looks different, but the socket can be seen here in red:

This page in the owners manual gives a diagram showing where this is located:

Do as it says and release the catches by turning the allen key half a turn to the right. This can be a bit tough. If it seems too difficult you may need to turn the bleed screw just a little further to release the hydraulic fluid.

5. Once this is done and the catches are released, go back to the boot and tighten the bleed screw. Now go back to the front and continue to open the roof using the push switch. The sequence should complete normally.

If you want, pause when the roof is partially open and the catches are visible, and spray a little WD40 or oil into the mechanism on both sides to loosen things up. Be sparing so you don't get any on your ceiling panel. Then open as normal.

6. Close the roof again all the way. It should fully lock itself into place. Take the roof through the full sequence a couple of times. Especially the section where the boot raises and lowers as this is when the catches lock and release.

If it gets stuck, repeat the same procedure with the catches. I did this 2 or 3 times and everything worked perfectly afterwards. Except that I haven't put the ceiling panel back on yet!

Below are two videos, one showing the fault and the second one showing the roof function after this procedure. The pump sounds loud because it has been removed from it's housing.

https://youtu.be/dZIX9_xoBe8

https://youtu.be/3Ormt_NgHjU

Hopefully this will fix the issue for anything that encounters it. It should save you a lot of time compared to me! This is what my boot looked like when I was through with it:

Good luck!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Good postings! :thumb:

Mods, I have reproduced the last 2 posts in the Tech Section so others can benefit. Could they be stickied so they are not lost?

·
Registered
26 Posts

This is to fix an error in the roof of a Peugeot 307 CC.[/IMG]
Thank you so much! I thought I'd have to go through and do all of this. All I had to do was the first step of half screwing the pump, screwing it back, then trying the roof. it failed the first time, but I just tried it a second time and it worked! I thunk there was too much pressure built up causing the issue.

Thanks for your guide though!

P.S, If anyone can't find the Allen key, it's a regular 6mm Allen key. the previous owners took it so I had to go figure out the size and buy a set from Halfords xD.

·
Registered
11 Posts

This is to fix an error in the roof of a Peugeot 307 CC. The exact problem is that when the roof open switch is pulled, the windows will drop and the boot opens correctly, but nothing further happens. The pump continues to run but the plastic flaps on the sides don't rise.

Releasing the switch and pulling again will cause the plastic flaps to rise, and then the roof shudders a little, but still doesn't open. Using the switch in the close direction will cause the closing sequence to occur correctly. At no point does it tell you there is an error in roof function.

The problem is caused by the the two latches / hooks that fix the roof onto the top of the windscreen failing to disengage correctly. There is a little hydraulic cylinder at the front of the roof that drives these two latches, and also two latches on the other section of roof that moves, by the rear seats.
If for some reason it jams or doesn't have the power to open, this problem will occur. In my case it happened due to the roof not being used for several months over a long winter.

This is the cylinder with the ceiling panel removed:

These are the catches that are sticking:

These are the catches by the rear seats:

The fix is to take the roof through that opening sequence manually a couple of times to free everything up. I used a little WD40 on the latches as well to clean everything out, but it may not be necessary. You don't need to do the entire opening sequence, just the part that is sticking.

In my case I stripped a lot of the roof mechanism apart to investigate, but this isn't necessary and the whole thing can be done in a few minutes. You will need the allen key tool that is apparently in the vehicle to do this.

Steps:

1. Open the boot normally and remove the carpet entirely. Get access to the pump bleed screw. It's on the right hand side of the black plastic cover on the floor that was covered by the carpet. I think there is a little plastic tab covering it that you need to pop off. It's around 1-2 inches. I had the entire piece removed so I don't have pictures of it, but have a look at this diagram from the car manual:

hi we have tried all this to get our roof open an wont budge..boot an flaps open but cant open from allenkey inside car on roof

1 - 20 of 30 Posts