Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all.

The roof in my friends 307cc 2005 has stopped closing correctly.
On the drivers side (RHD) the rear windscreen glass does no longer push all the way up to the roof.
The gap is about 1/2" and it lets in bucket loads of water when it rains.
It doesn't appear to have any broken parts but there is movement on that side of the roof.
I suspect some thing has moved as I can see numerous adjustment and it needs to be readjusted and tightened up.

Has anyone seen this particular failure before?

Great forum and heaps of info but none on the roof I could find.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Sounds like something is not clicking into place. Open the tailgate and check both sides of the mechanism and see if anything is different on either side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fixed

The roof cable from the front latch going to the rear pillar release latch had popped out.

1. You need to remove the hood lining. Disconnect roof lamp.
2. Remove the bowden cable at the front latch, it pops off easily.
3. Refit the cable at the rear latch in its correct position.
4. Pop cable back on to front latch.
5. Refit hood lining, plug in roof lamp.

The rear glass was about 1" short of touching the roof causing a massive water leak when raining,

Easy fix once found,

About 2 hours work. :thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the same problem - had it fixed by the garage when in for service but a month later its happened again so going to try and sort it myself.

Any tips on how I should go about removing the hood lining please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also would like to know how to remove the headlining. On my wife's CC the left hand front locking mechanism has worked loose, I can see the screws but cannot get to them with the headlining in place.
Is this a common problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
My wifes 2006 307cc has a similar problem the roof rattles baddly & moves around 5mm when closed is there a simle adjustment. the local dealer wants the car for two days to play with it as they are unsure of how to fix the problem, I'm not keen on paying for their education

·
Registered
4 Posts
I half opened the roof. On the front edge there are the two locking mechanisms and the left hand side one has come unscrewed and floats. I can see the screws but cannot get to them to tighten with roof lining in place.
Have a look yours maybe the same fault, its easy to see, but not easy to get to, to carry out what is an easy repair!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Jafa said:
My wifes 2006 307cc has a similar problem the roof rattles baddly & moves around 5mm when closed is there a simle adjustment. the local dealer wants the car for two days to play with it as they are unsure of how to fix the problem, I'm not keen on paying for their education
Jafa, I think your problem is the same as mine. I have just fixed.
There are 2 locks which secure the front of the roof to the windscreen rail.
You need a slim fork like instrument to prise between the roof and the headlining to pop the 4 push clips out and to allow the front of the headlining to drop down sufficiently to access the 2 bolts on each lock.
The bolts have 1 fibre washer which goes between the roof and the lock.
A small hex rachet to retighten the bolts to the roof is all that is needed...simple and about 5 mins work!
Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.