Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Have just tried to lower roof , windows dropped, boot opens but no roof movement. The boot sounds like its struggling a bit and seems jerky towards end of its travel .
Screen displays "roof movement no complete". Press the button backdown and boot closes no probs.
Any ideas !!! have checked boot for obstructions and checked cargo blind is in place.
Have run a diagnostic and its recording no fault !!!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have tried to cycle it again and it still fails to open but noticed the boot is struggling to holf itself open. Could this be a hydraulic fluid issue maybe ?????

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
This is a common issue now they are getting old its easily fixed though what is happening is the front roof catches are not opening they need oiled you can open them with the alen key through the access hole in the roof just do it at the right time and you will feel the ram pushing with you once released it will work fine but spray both catches and the centre pivot with some grease.

Centre pivot will require the roof lining to be dropped at front edge

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for this. Did not have any roof key with the car when purchased. Is it a special peugeot effort or just a standard allen key.
Gonna check the fluid level as well as im convinced the boot is not opening fully, the side flaps do not come out and the motor sounds like it straining to hold the boot open. The dash display says roof mechanism not complete

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Those are the exact symptoms of jammed roof catches the ecu is waiting for the flap switches but it gets no signal because the roof catch is not opening so it does not get the signal from it

Its just a standard allen key i used my foldy multitool

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks reliable.
Can i release the allen pin first then cycle the roof or do they have to be done at the same time together.

thanks

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Do it as the boot goes up near the top as it needs to see everything working or it will stop you can release it before hand just so you know what way to turn they can be tight though but do it back up again before opening or roof ecu will take the huff.

If you just hold a pressure on it you will feel the ram trying to push and your just helping it once released it will go all the way fine

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
While Im looking at this is it worth changing the roof pump oil as a bit of preventative maintenance. Seems a lot of people overlook this but not many have commented on changing it.
Has anyone changed it and found it makes a diff. If so where is it and is it a big /major headache

thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried run pp2000 tonight and see if it showed any roof faults. Ecu came back clean no faults. Was hoping to do an actuator test on it but all i could do is check the roof button lights up. Am i missing something here or is not poss to test the roof. I was in pp2000 using the globel system

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tried the roof again this morning just to see if its the same , worse or better.
Definitely worse . The boot now struggles to move less than a quarter of its travel.
I can hear the motor and it sounds like its struggling. I'm not ruling out that the roof catches may be jammed /stuck but i'd of thought the boot should be reaching close to its max travel and stop.
I'm still convinced this is a hydraulic issue as the boot lid is struggling to lift and hold and the motor sounds coming out the boot do not sound healthy.

Any ideas ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
After a rattle with some excellent lads based in Telford area looks like I've a suspected leak from the lines that feed the lifting rams either side of the boot.

I don't suppose anyone has removed the boot liner on 307cc and had a look at the rams and associated pipe work. Absolutely nothing on the net and service box give some schematics but not how to get to them and remove.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Even with a leak the roof would still release the front catches and once released the flaps would unfold i spent a lot of time investigating the same issue before discovering the catches were jamming once oiled it worked fine and still does there always is a little leakage from the rams same on 206 but they never seem to loose enough to affect the system.

There is not much info online as they are not all that common stripping out all the boot trim is needed to get at the rams and to get at the pump which is buried in the boot between the bumper and the spare wheel i have striped 3 full cars over the years and its not a nice job.

I have a full set of rams and pipes if you need any.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I have an old 1993 BMW e30 with an auto roof which will battle/not work like yours is doing if the hinge points stiffen up. Once a year I release the motors [emergency release mechanism] so the roof can be raised/lowered by hand and spend a while raising and lowering it by hand while oiling all the hinge points. Roof has not failed since I have done this.

Am not familiar with the Peugeot system but most auto roofs I have come across seem to have some sort of emergency release system to allow the roof to be closed if the system fails. Try oiling it up like I do?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Managed to get access to roof pump in boot. Resavoir was empty !!!!. Re filled it and cycled the roof a few times. Working great no probs. Oiled & grerased all hinge point and sprayed all contacts but a little concerned where the fluids gone.
Cycled the roof again a few times and then stopped it before the roof collapsed and had a good check all round. Puddle of fluid around the base of the passenger boot ram.!!!! Cleaned it up and got my lad to cycle it again while i watched.

Could see it dripping from the bottom of the ram and escaping from the seal at the top. Looks ok to take out and replace but how do the hoses disconnect from the pump and how does the strut disconnect at the ball joint end. Any thoughts anyone

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
They are easy enough to change but the pipes are a pain they are held into pump with tiny c clips as i said i have any parts you need i removed the rams and pipes complete

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Reliable. I may take you up on your offer.
I'm going to try and get the ram out and leave the hydraulic line in the car connected to the pump. Looks easy enough just getting the a good view of the connections on the ram is prob.
Any idea how these are fitted on ?

Thanks

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Boot ram job done.
Had to get a few rubbder buffers that were missing so picked up a pair of rams from my local pug breaker.
Job itself is easy enough but a few observations that might help others tackling this .:-
Make a note where each screw goes for the plastics and trim. There's a lot of screws all shapes and sizes.
Connect the piston part of the ram to the hinge mechanism before you connect the hydraulic line. Once the line is in the pump there's no way the ram can be compressed to fit its mouting point.
Once completed to roof ecu is slightly confused and reads "roof movement not complete ". Dont panic over this just cycle the roof a few times and it catches up.
Remember to check and adjust resavoir when finished .
Just out of curiosity I got a quote from my local pug dealer for this. £350 - £400 to replace Rams and lines on a 307cc.

Well worth having a go I reckon.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts