Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI All,

I'm about to buy a used Peugeot 307CC from 2006 with 130k KM's on the clock. The car looks lovely, engine runs great and it seems to be perfect! However.. After the testride i tried closing the roof, and it wasn't able to. I'll try to explain what's happening:
The boot is opening, the roof comes out without any problem. In the end, the roof has to slide into the slots of the frame in the front of the car. The right side slides in without any problem, but on the left side the roof is not aligned properly, which causes it to fail because it can't "hook" into the car. 1 out of 4 times it will not close, the other time it closes without problems.

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Your entry is a bit confusing. First you say you could not close the roof. I would have not bought it at that point of the transaction personally. But you obviously have and then you say automatically open the roof say and closing it works OK! If when it fails is it at the same point as first reported and if so I would say something is loose on that side to cause the intermittent defect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your entry is a bit confusing. First you say you could not close the roof. I would have not bought it at that point of the transaction personally. But you obviously have and then you say automatically open the roof say and closing it works OK! If when it fails is it at the same point as first reported and if so I would say something is loose on that side to cause the intermittent defect.
Sorry for the inconvenience. I adjusted the topic to 307cc, because it is.
I didn't buy the car yet. I made a deal with the garage that I will buy it, if he is able to solve the issues with the roof. If he can't fix it properly, we won't buy the car.

A Peugeot 307cc owner from The Netherlands called me yesterday, and he told me he had the same issue. In the roof, there are hooks which will clamp on the car. After some time, it happens that the screws holding the hooks get loose, which causes the roof to fail at the last stage of closing. The garage checked this today and saw that all the screws were loose. After thightening them the issue is solved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts