1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

2004 Model 307 cc
VIN - VF33BRFNC83205191

Could someone please help with this minefield, I have already verified that I do not have the intergrated disc/hub/bearing, as the calipers are "Lucas" and there are 2 x torx screws visable.

Does anyone know given the above can I still buy and fit combined Hub/bearing (this will make fitting easier)

When I check ebay for parts and the parts compatibility, 2 sizes of bearing come up 25mm and 30mm, is there any way of confirming which size I have

Any instructions for the removal and fitting would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Neil

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
I would imagine that it is likely you can buy a new set of hubs complete with fitted bearings. As to the size of bearing try visiting a decent local spares shop and give them your reg number. They should be able to match them up though they may ask which braking system you have,

My car has the disc as part of the hub and my local BMS store was able to supply the correct parts from stock. Once the split pin, locking nut and caliper were removed my disc/hubs came off with very little effort just pulling them by hand. I did have a hydraulic puller on hand just in case though.

·
5,665 Posts
3748 74 is PSA part number for Hub Assembly cross ref show 25mm bearing ID.

It is not difficult to change discs only, the discs come off easy once the two retaining screws are removed, lot easier (and cheaper) that having to remove bearing cap, and hub nuts etc and correct re-torque afterwards.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts