Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Looking to replace my rear pads this weekend on my 08 plate cc. Am I right in saying both Caliper pistons are right hand threads ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
144 Posts
My 2006 307 is. Turn clockwise to turn piston back in to fit new rear brake pads.. When i first had the car i thought it was the old type and tried to push them back lol.. i was there a while :nono:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Welshti, thought best to check. I'd have done same as you lol.
Just got to get locking nuts off now !!!!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yes be careful with the locking nuts :rolleyes: after having new tyres some time ago i never checked the locking nuts after they were tightened by the garage. Few months down the line I just couldn't get 1 of them off.. luckily a local garage to me let me borrow his locking nut removal kit which did the trick as a standard socket just wouldn't crack it.

Good idea to clean the sliders on the calipers and regrease

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Going to have a go this friday.
Just thinking out aloud here, is it possible to remove the lower caliper bolt but leave the top one in loose and swing the caliper up out the way. Is there room to still fit the rewind tool in in this situ.
According to service box there's a flexi pipe attached to the caliper part ref 4886 Z6/Z7, I'm thinking this would allow a little flexibilty with the caliper movement .

Andy thoughts gents

Chhers

·
Registered
144 Posts
Not tried it that way but as its only 2 13mm bolts on mine and i suggest greasing both slider gators i would take both bolts off.. video below.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Set myself up today to tackle pads. Couldn't even get the wheel off. Lock nut collar was flush with the stud so the key could not latch on. Finally found a local comp who popped out and basically smashed the locking ring off and then forced a socket on the pin. Came off a treat. Needless to say the three remaing lock nuts on the other wheels are all off and in the bin.
Will pads tomirrow now if its not snowing

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rear pads done. No real probs. The only issue was the old pad on the inner rear of the disc was stuck solid. Had to hammer it out. New pads fitted ok a little fettling with a file helped. The rewind tool on the piston is a god send. Made it so easy to force back in. Re greased sliders and gave it all a good clean.
All done, a good run to bed them in and job done
Now for the fronts !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts