Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I discovered that the right rear LED lights were not working and the front right dip beam was also not working.

So I checked the bulb in the front, it was blown, replaced it and the front worked again. Simple.

Then I checked the number plate bulb at the back and it was blown too so replaced that but the rear light and number plate light still not working, ...Hum ...

Ran out of time so left it until this weekend to take another look. Go out to the car this morning and rear lights working fine, both the LED and the number plate light (very strange ...)

Have a quick look around the front and see that the one I replaced last week is now not working. Whilst the one on the left is working as normal. Checked the bulb, seemed fine so decided to switch the bulbs around just to be sure and when I did this neither front light would work. Switched them back and it's the same. Parking lights and rear lights still working fine and both front bulbs look fine.

It's a mystery to me so any help very welcome.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Looking at the bulb as to check it is not the way to check them. Either use the car battery with a couple of leads or use a multi meter set to resistance and see if there is a circuit. After you have established the condition of both bulbs and you have two working units refit and see what happens then.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Checked the bulbs are they are fine. Any other ideas? Seems very strange neither side now working when left was working fine before I changed the bulbs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just visually but one of them is brand new and the other was working fine before I switched them so seems highly unlikely that both bulbs would simultaneously fail whilst showing no visual signs failure ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Yes but things happen so physically put them across the battery to see them working and then you can start looking elsewhere is my advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts