Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 56 plate 307cc (2 Litre) it has been overheating for a while when under load (climbing hills, sitting in traffic etc) it runs normally at just over half way up temp gauge then climbs swiftly up into red and stop light comes on (fan kicks in as it should), if i turn heaters up to full temp with blower on full the gauge goes back to normal(ish) after 15-20 seconds, I have had the temp sender replaced, the thermostat replaced (cost a new housing as well because the plastic bleeder broke off) finally replaced the water pump (and cam belt) still no different. Any Suggestions ?
Also if you run with heater and blower full on (with windows open) it will run at normal temperature no matter what.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would also agree with Storeman, if simply putting on the heater rectifies the problem it can only be lack of cooling via the radiator alone that causes the overheating. Have you followed a vehicle carrying a load of hay or straw lately or something similar????

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
If the radiator isn't clogged externally then it is clogged internally.
The best effective long term cure is a new one. Flush the rest of the system at the same time and refill with a 50/50 antifreeze solution.

Roger.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts