Peugeot Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The sensor is in the door handle. Could it be that?

After having a flat battery I had the same problem that the window would not go back up -- not even using the button. However somehow after a couple of hours it went back to normal.

The only other thing that springs to mind is that sometimes after disconnecting the batter the windows will not "full shut" (second notch on the switch) and will only go up in steps. Putting them fully down and then going back up in steps lets it re-learn.

Sorry I can't be more help.
You don't need to be of more help! After several days of trying all-sorts without success, your 'steps' has done the trick. Thankyou.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Update 2 years after original post:

The issue keeps coming back every time after battery disconnection.
It fixes by itself usually after 5-10 trips and after that it is always good (unless battery disconnected)

Can this be mechanical issue if it always fixes itself and works well?
If mechanical you would think it would misbehave randomly, no?

Ps: it happens with both sides, left and right. Passenger side usually has bigger drop. Driver side smaller drop (although I still find water inside after rainy night)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It is a convertible so the seals on the roof might need looking at as well as the window guide channels.
Would there be any reasonable explanation why everything works 100% after 5-10 trips after battery disconnection)?
Shouldn't it be not working (or at least not working sometimes) in case of those mechanical issues?
Why it does not work only temporary after battery disconnection?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
It doe not matter why I relatively often have to disconnect the battery.

It matters that this error with windows happens only after I do that and it fixes itself after 5-10 trips.

According to my logic it means the error is not mechanical because if it wad mechanical, it would go out of order more at random.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I am having this issue for years.
When you open the door, the window drops a bit (as it should) but when you close the door the window does not come back up.

Couple times during Nox Vidmate VLC those years I managed to fix it, but have no idea how (tried holding windows up button for 10 seconds, maybe that helped, but no more).
think after I fixed them, once I changed my car battery, the problem renewed.

I scanned for faults, could this be the fault code for that:

Intermittent fault - front left window opening confirmation time (Multiplexed info)

Ps: this fault is under "sunroof ECU section"

Any tips, please.

I am sick of getting out through passenger door (so I could close driver window from inside) :(
it should have a guide in there to follow. It is difficult/impossible to try and guess how long you would take as we do not know what tools or knowledge, common sense or intuition you possess.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts