Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am having this issue for years.
When you open the door, the window drops a bit (as it should) but when you close the door the window does not come back up.

Couple times during those years I managed to fix it, but have no idea how (tried holding windows up button for 10 seconds, maybe that helped, but no more).
think after I fixed them, once I changed my car battery, the problem renewed.

I scanned for faults, could this be the fault code for that:

Intermittent fault - front left window opening confirmation time (Multiplexed info)

Ps: this fault is under "sunroof ECU section"

Any tips, please.

I am sick of getting out through passenger door (so I could close driver window from inside) :(

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The sensor is in the door handle. Could it be that?

After having a flat battery I had the same problem that the window would not go back up -- not even using the button. However somehow after a couple of hours it went back to normal.

The only other thing that springs to mind is that sometimes after disconnecting the batter the windows will not "full shut" (second notch on the switch) and will only go up in steps. Putting them fully down and then going back up in steps lets it re-learn.

Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Its probably the door catch itself there is a switch in there to tell the ecu the door is closed it will then put the window up.

The switch on the handle is for putting window down.

It could also be wiring in the door pillar the wires tend to snap inside the rubber cover.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its probably the door catch itself there is a switch in there to tell the ecu the door is closed it will then put the window up.

It could also be wiring in the door pillar the wires tend to snap inside the rubber cover.
Would this be easy fix for first timer?

How long should everything take?

Do I need to take off lots of stuff in order to reach all that?

Just a guideline answers would be great :)

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
As you are a first timer I am assuming you have not tackled anything mechanical before. If not try getting a Haynes manual which covers your car and it should have a guide in there to follow. It is difficult/impossible to try and guess how long you would take as we do not know what tools or knowledge, common sense or intuition you possess. Sorry for being so negative but we can only advise so much.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As you are a first timer I am assuming you have not tackled anything mechanical before. If not try getting a Haynes manual which covers your car and it should have a guide in there to follow. It is difficult/impossible to try and guess how long you would take as we do not know what tools or knowledge, common sense or intuition you possess. Sorry for being so negative but we can only advise so much.
Lets rephrase my question: how long it would take for a seasoned mechanic with the tools?

In 10-15 minute range or half an hour, hour range etc?

Thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I could do it in 1 hour possibly but it is fiddly to do some parts of the job if you have never done it before there is a lot to remove

Door panel off outer lock removed outer handle removed drill out rivet holding inner half of handle on if fitted remove the torx bolts holding catch on unplug wires from various points as required wiggle catch out door.

In good old haynes fashion refitting is reversal of removal :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

Is the switch replaceable or fixable?

If only replacable - how exactly is it called so tha I could google the part and maybe order somehwere?

Thanks

Ps: that switch you are talking about, it is not in the handle along with the sensor but somewhere inside the door?

I (with help) taken out door handle mechanism which we will be replacing (for another eason of door not unlocking - http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/front-door-does-not-open-during-winter-ok-summer-307921/#post2051345)

We were expecting that replacing mechanism would fix windows issue as well, but you are saying it won't (I mean in case it is the switch)?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)

Guys, urgent reply needed if anyone is online (before I order door handle sensor, which would be useless if issue is that switch??) - what is this door catch switch? Where exactly is it and can this part be replaced or is it usually just being fixed in cases like this?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
The switch is IN the door catch this may well be the same thing that is stopping it unlocking you need the WHOLE door catch
Is this (whole door catch) it:
https://ibb.co/e3gnCn ?

I mentioned that I took out "door handle mechanism" and I meant this part (sorry, my English is non native)
Are we talking about the same part? Also can be called "door lock mechanism"?

Or is "whole door catch" some other part (If this the case, could you link to some google image of it) ?

Thanks!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep thats the door catch in your pic,,

heres a diagram from servicebox with part numbers if there any use

View attachment 73857
Thanks for helping out!

Do you reckon this mechanism is the same for all 307 CC models (year, engine etc)? We may be trying to buy it used, checking if any 307 Cabrio would fit or do we need to be more (tear, engine etc) specific.

Ps: How to know OEM (or something) code of that part so that I could give that number to dealers so that they could try sourcng aftermarket?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Thanks for helping out!

Do you reckon this mechanism is the same for all 307 CC models (year, engine etc)? We may be trying to buy it used, checking if any 307 Cabrio would fit or do we need to be more (tear, engine etc) specific.

really not sure but probably are pretty much the same

Ps: How to know OEM (or something) code of that part so that I could give that number to dealers so that they could try sourcng aftermarket?

look at the green writing on the pic i posted and pick the one which has the same locking system as your car..
the part number is the 6 digit code on the left beginning in 9135 or 9136

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The 307 was facelifted in 2006 and the catch/mechanism MAY have changed then but other than that any will fit im not 100% sure if the CC mechanism is specific to the model it may be the same as any other 2 door 307 not sure

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
im not 100% sure if the CC mechanism is specific to the model it may be the same as any other 2 door 307 not sure
As far as I gathered from scrap yards (or how are those selling used scrapped parts called), regular has only 2 wires coming out while CC has 4 wires (marked in green: https://ibb.co/nRaLhn ).
For the reason that CC also controls windows (drop when open, up when closed, while non cabrio has windows with a frame).

Ps: same sources told me that UK (I assume UK CC models specifically) models have 6 wires there... Not sure how come and why.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are 3 catch types normal central locking and deadlocking this is probably the reason for different wire amounts
Those sources told me that if I put one with 2 wires in, locking would work, but window up and down would not (so I assumed more wires has something to do with window up and down thing).

You say that wire number is not related to window up/down and I can try put in with 2 wires? Those are MUCH easier to find (and cheaper used) as those are from regular 307s.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
No thats not what im saying im just saying there is more than 1 type of catch and that would explain the wiring differences i dont KNOW for sure as i have never had the need to fix 1 i generally just strip them i dont fix them :)

I do know the CC catch has the door closed switch in it though but im sure other versions do too.

I also know if you fit the wrong type it can get stuck shut so be carefull

1 - 20 of 28 Posts