Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Peugeot 307CC from Blakes in Chesterfield around June this year, on collection several items were missing, finishing plugs, cargo net, screen plug and more. The contraption to lift the roof came off in my hand when I attempted to use it! They resolved these quickly but shortly after purchase I noticed a juddering in the steering around 68-70mph. It was returned for track and balance but a couple of weeks later it started again! I took it to Tanvic Tyres and again it was tracked and balanced this time at a cost of £50 to my pocket, couple of weeks later it happened again. Chesterfield Blakes approved Lincoln to repair this, which meant I sat in their waiting area for 3 and a half hours while they checked the problem and used some form of technical laser balance to rectify it. Guess what? A few weeks down the line and the problem is worse than ever, very violent juddering on the offside and as I turned of A1 yesterday a lound knocking sound from the wheel arch and terrible vibration on the steering wheel nearly threw my Satnav out of its bracket! What is going on??????

·
Registered
862 Posts
You should check the wheel bolts are tight and are the right one's also check the drive shafts are not bent so jack the car up and spin the wheel's and look at the drive shaft for any warping.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Peugeot Chesterfield have agreed to supply me with a vehicle while they look into the problem, I am armed with replies from this forum and peugeotlogic.com. Will update when they have completed their diagnostics. Basically I would like the car to drive normally, don't seem to have had much of that to date for the 16k it cost. Feel like I've got that bashed up elephant altered thing off the adverts right now!

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm guessing the car is second hand?

Then I have found your problem Car accident!!!!!! which might explain the missing items as the car was probably written off and resold?:) :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts