Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people. New to the forums so thank you for the add. I've got a 208 307cc diesel, and am trying without much success to improve the headlights.
Just wondered if anyone has a suggestion for improving the factory (Projector) headlights please?
I've just sent back my second HID kit, which didn't seem to make any difference (actually quite the opposite!)
And am currently using a full set of 100 watt halogen bulbs bought off eBay, which seem a little better, but nothing like what I'd hoped for.
If anyone can suggest a fix that won't break my piggy bank, I'd be really grateful thanks

·
2,512 Posts
Hi...I doubt if you can improve on the 100 watt bulbs....how bright do you need them...and consider other road users that may not like having their paint removed from the bonnet of their car coming towards you....and although not an mot failure you could fall foul of the construction and use act.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory headlights on this car are pitiful. I have a 2014 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Sport, and the headlights on that (although perfectly legal!) are infinitely better than those of the 307cc. I love my Peugeot to bits, and it's a great little car to drive, but for the headlamps. I was simply interested to learn if anyone else has improved the lights, and how they went about doing so?
Even with 400 Watts on tap for main beam, they are poor by any standard!!
A quick search on the internet has failed to find anything, so thought I'd ask here?

·
2,512 Posts
Hi...on my 407 and my 307 I used nightbreakers (osram)...they were fine...perhaps you have other issues with the light units...be carefull upgading any bulb as peugeot electrics can be sensitive to excessive current drain...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks. I've heard hat the Osram daybreakers can give good improvements without upsetting the man in the tall hat!! I might as well invest in some of these, they can't be any worse than the factory setup? Thank you for the advice!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts