Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just doing a little routine maintenance and noticed via my pp2000 that my particulate was filter was at 300% and no regen for 300 km. Thinking this needs a good blast up the motorway i proceeded to do around 15miles in 4th with revs touching 3000rpm. Plenty of poofs of smoke during the blast and pulling strong with no adverse signs anywhere.

Imagine my dismay when i drooped pp2000 on again only to see the same results, still the same and no regen taking place.
Can i use pp2000 to force a regen ?

thanks

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Are you SURE you are reading the settings correctly and its at 300% not 30% if its at 30% and done a regen 300km ago then it wont regen.

While in there check fluid level and if fuel cap sensor works.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
if it's 300% then it should be beeping at you like mad.

You can do a forced regen in PP2k; I'm told it's not pleasant.

No style of driving can make the exhaust hot enough to burn off the soot: the car must go into regen mode. During a regen it is ideal to drive at a steady speed at about 2000rpm.

Here's how it works: http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/1306802-post2.html

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If its 300% the car should be struggling to go :) thats my point i think he might have read it wrong and i would not do a forced regen unless absolutely essential it is a horrible thing to witness :)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
My one 407 put the eml on and went into limp mode with the dpf at 97% so also think 300% is a wrong reading.
I found mine had all 4 glowplugs burned out so could not do a regen, replaced them, took it for a run, it succeeded in doing a regen and all good. [I did not remove the dpf to clean it as i was feeling lazy at the time so took a chance with it... :eek: luckily it worked..:D]

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.
Going to check again and will take a pic this time. Just out of interest what temps and pressures should i be seeing in the live data with the dpf whether its at idle or running.

thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts