Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any info on how to check / topup the gearbox oil on a 2.0 307cc?

I serviced mine a couple of months back and didn't bother doing the gearbox oil (cos I don't know where to start!) but starting to worry that if it is low then damage will be happening and so to put my mind at rest I'm gonna have to do it! :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most gearboxes have a drain plug at the bottom and a filler plug on the side or end usually a hex key type. Make sure you can undo the the filler before you drain it! Your handbook should tell what oil and how much you need, usually just under 2 litres.

·
11,984 Posts
Although there's no Haynes manual for the 307cc shell, it should have an engine that's also in a traditional 307, so I'd recommend that for a guide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I can tell you that this image from AutoData is incorrect.
I just opened up the gearbox of my 2007 hdi 307cc to change the old dual mass flywheel for a conversion kit single mass. It's gearing now, but wasn't 30 mins ago. Still a lot noisier than we think it should be. SO.... got to make sure gear oil level is correct.

Our gearbox does not look like this image.

·
6,300 Posts
If it's a five speed manual some do not have a level plug you have to drain all the oil and then add 2 litres of 75/80 gear oil Total BV is the best oil

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
201 Posts
I think all the HDi cc's were six speed, it's supposed to be lifetime on the same oil apparently, but when I done the clutch on mine, I think it took just shy of three litres

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Gear oil 75w-80w is a heavy duty oil and indeed is not required to be replaced. But should be checked for quantity by using the refill point and when it is full to overflowing the level is correct ensuring the car is level whilst checking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts