Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 307cc indicators have gone wappy. They flash 3 times then go off, stalk stays on until cancelled. If I nudge the stalk again, they do stay on. Fine for me, but not for mot!

I've not been able to find this specific fault on the Peugeot forum but googled it, and other makes of cars mention the same problem and to check the flasher unit. Where would this be? Hoping it's not a case of needing a new comms unit.

Any ideas please?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Had a look at the diagram and it's scarier than algebra! Found a chap who'll fit a new comms unit for £20. There's one on ebay at the minute..

PEUGEOT 307 INDICATOR WIPER COMMS UNIT. | eBay

Could you let me know if this is compatible with mine please? I haven't a clue how to tell. Mine's an 03 2.0 petrol cc.
sorry i cant help you there m8 i dont have a clue :nono:
i can follow a wiring diagram and see the steering wheel switch (28) goes into the interface(6) and then back out to the indicators...there is no seperate relay in that line so (the relay therefore must be built into the interface (6)

can yours not be fixed? ive seen someone on here link a few times to a guy that repairs them.......read sooo many threads on this forum i wouldnt know where to look though i know the link was to ebay and it was around 25 quid for repair

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Had a look at the diagram and it's scarier than algebra! Found a chap who'll fit a new comms unit for £20. There's one on ebay at the minute..

PEUGEOT 307 INDICATOR WIPER COMMS UNIT. | eBay

Could you let me know if this is compatible with mine please? I haven't a clue how to tell. Mine's an 03 2.0 petrol cc.
here is what to look out for if you are buying a comm 2000 unit

1, if the car has esp
if your car has esp there will be an esp light on the dash that lights up when you turn key on
you need a delphi comm 2000 that has esp in it if your car has esp (you will also need to plug pp2000 in and recalibrate the steering angle sensor)
if your car does not have esp you need a dav or delphi unit with no esp (dav units do not have esp)

2, how many connections
206 + 406 has 4 connections, 307 has 5 connections (i dunno about rest)
if your car has 5 connection you needs a unit with 5 but if your car has 4 you can use a unit that has 5 connections

3, auto lights/ wipers
if your car has auto lights or wipers you need a unit with a button on the end of the light stalk with an arrows pointing down the stalk saying auto, it will also say auto on the wiper stalk

4, trip computer
if your car has a trip computer you will have a button on the end of the wiper stalk with 2 arrows pointing down the stalk
if your car has a trip button and you fit a unit with no button you will loose this feature
if your car has no trip button and you fit a unit with a trip computer rest of unit will work but to get the trip computer working you need to change settings in pp2000

5, front fogs
if your car has front fogs then the unit will have 2 arrows up and 2 down on the fog switch apart from these markings the unit is the same and will work the same
eg if your car has front fogs and the unit does not it will still work the front fogs the same and vise versa

6, rear wiper
if your car has a rear wiper you need a unit with a rear wiper
if your car does not have a rear wiper a unit with or without a rear wiper will work

7, comm2000
if your unit is a comm 2005 or any other comms unit a comm 2000 will not work

8, radio stalk
this does not matter as this unclips and will plug into your new unit

9, cruise control
this does not matter as this unclips and will plug into your new unit

also i would like to mention this guy who repaired my comm 2000 unit as he gave me this info
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1710490463...84.m1558.l2649

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks EasyT, already seen that info. I'll have to buy a new one and get it fitted down here, I can't be without my car for too long.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts