Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 307cc 2.0 HDi it has bee nleaking DPF addative on and off for a while now wasn't initially sure what or where it was coming from, been under car and I can see there is a heat shield around a black plastic container just in front of the fuel tank, passenger side, the addative tank!
I pulled the front of the heat sheild down and you can see conjelied addative in the bottom, so got ya!
question now is has this 2007 car got a bag or a tank, I can see looking from middle of car out toward the rear wheel a black plastic pipe with a conector on it also an electical block conector just above it both conected to the black plastic "tank" (possibly) not gone any further as it looks fron underneath once you start you are commited to the end kind of job there is a brace that looks like it holds up the heat sheild which can be removed ( 2 x 10mm nuts (very rusty) this is NOT the bracing the car has to stabalise it don't want to be removing them really.
Just really trying to get some kind of idea what can of worms I am opening up here.
Most of the tanks I have seen seem t obe a white plastic, this one on mine is black plastic, so trying to asertain if there is a bag inside, or is that the actual tank.
thanks for any susgestions

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Complete Chassis

VF33BRHRH85059925

Thanks for this! had conflicting answers, so we poped it up in the air looked under it and it has a black tank (looks like) with a electrical conector and a pipe with the usual eloys connector you knowe the one you push the button to release, so I am guess if its a bag the bag will be inside the black tank, strange its leaking, there seems to be no damage under the vehicle at all, yet the sheild covering this blastic tank has about 5mm of the stuff all hardened, the pipe thats connected to this "tank" dry.
Are the difficult to remove? I own a meg doesn't have this, (the pugs the wifes car) we are VW/Skoda so the tecs are not sure how easy it is, looks like there is a thin brace holding up the sheild (10mm rusty nuts, joy!) we can take off, we don't really want to remove the strengthening brace, it looks like you can just slide it off this brace.
Apart from this we have had it 12 months now no problem, what a fun car. Ohh actually not quite no problem Locking wheel nuts!!! with the pins missing from the key. Pugeot OE wheels nuts... strange looking things.
Thanks for your help, much appricated.

·
11,706 Posts
According to Servicebox:

1500 GX
RP 96 780 806 80
FLEXIBLE FUEL ADDITIVE POUCH
EOLYS 176 ADDITIVE

New pouch is £87.31

and here's a pic:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent

Pouch comes with adative or not?

by looks of image, only place it can leak from is bag to pump fixing or bag split some how, I can se No's 35 & 36, 36 is dry at connector end to 32 sump, so if thats a sump that must be full as well MMMmm as Frank Sinartra once sang "there may be trouble ahead" only other place it can leak I supose is the pump.
I did wonder what they did with the bag, makes sense now.
might see if I get a trade price from out local Pug dealer, worth a try.

Thank you very much

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
POuch Done!
Easy really
for the 307 CC owners
Remove the inboard 10mm nut on the strap that protects the fluid tank no need to touch the outboard one by the rear wheel
Do NOt mistake for the support bars that run down the car, they are a lot thicker.
Once this little nut is off you can gentally pull the strap down a little then
pull off Electrical Conector from tank
Pull off pipe conenctor on tank.
you will see 5 white cross head screws, these are on springs, they are more like clips really just look like screws, basically push up and twist you will feel it "let go" once all 5 are done you can wiggle the tank and bag out.
Be careful putting the new bag back on the car as it is full so it sits slightly higher than the tank so just be aware of this when refitting.
Job done on a ramp in 20 mins, this job could quite easily be done on a drive way on the steel drive up ramps.
All I have to do now is reset it counters, tried the snapon box that I use on my meg but couldnt find anything on there that relates to DPF addative, or emmisions or anything in that field that could be reset or changed.
The bag was leaking, in the corner by the valve, when you inverted it it was dripping from the seam, cars done 42k bag was less than a quater full.
JUst a quick question, this is a 2.0Hdi 138BHP sport 2007 car are they a whistley engine as in you can hear the turbo whistle bit like a police siren when you are on and off it I have bee ntold they are as it is a variable vane turbo?? but when I drove it on the ramp the other day the VW tec said sounds like a turbo hose is leaking, I told him the above but he looked kind of unbeliving, it wasa bit unsettling, so do they whistle?
Guess I am a bit concerned as I have just had to replace the battery as well, which incidentally was harder than the flippin pouch to do with all ya locking and unlocking and switching side lights on, etc anyway it was not so much the changing of the battery but the fact it was wearing a vauxhall battery, very strange indeed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank God for that, I was starting to worry what kind of car I had bought had it just 12 months back at 32k one lady owner.
So far
Passenger window motor £230 as it would not self learn so it didn't drop when u tried to open the door.
Inner tie rods and track rod ends both sides £58 + £20 tracking
Battery £65
Additive bag £95
And the flipping passenger window still doesn't drop quite enough to pass the seal after being fitted and set up by a Peugeot dealership, to me it doesn't seem to drop far enough nowhere near as far as the driver window but at least you don't have to listen to it thuddling 3times against the seal every time start it as if it didn't quite know where it was shut or not ah well I supose it's frenchitus my meg cc in its 2nd year cost me a fortune then settled down again ..
Just glad the whistle is normal spent weeks looking for plod when we first bought the pug in meg circles turbo whistle means turbo death so change it NOW!
Isn't the cruise control in a stupid place I know Renault but things in stupid places sometimes but come on what where they thinking cruise control stalk mmmmmmm ah yes perfect we will hide it behind the steering wheel spoke, brilliant! So to set it you have 2 choices.
Look over steering spoke
Drift left towards hard shoulder whilst rapidly pressing every button on stalk.
I supose it adds a bit of spice to life.
Need to find someone now with planet is it? to reset counter on additive bag the snapon box seems to do most things but not all, thinking back I had to use the renault laptop to adapt my new egr valve on meg as the snapon box could not do it.
Thanks for putting mind at rest perhaps not much of a lemon....maybe!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2006 model and now done 135k miles and is still going strong. The HDI engine really suits the of the car and is definitely the engine to have. Apart from routine servicing and consumables like brake pads and discs the car has required very little work. I'm very happy with it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts