Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to source some parts for the electric window mechanism on a 307CC - for some reason the steel cables got all tangled up on the plastic reel attached to the motor and has damaged the cables badly enough that I don't think they are suitable for re-use.

It's the passenger side (ie left-hand side) and the car is a 2006 vintage 307CC.

I think the internet will be my best option since I'm in Perth, Australia and there really aren't many Peugeots here so 2nd hand scrap yards are unlikely to have them.

I've attached a picture of the 2 cables that I need and I think they possibly are either part numbers 9221W0 or 9222V9 (although this might be the whole mechanism, not sure).

Does anyone know if these parts are used on the standard 307 model, or just the 307CC? (the door is bigger on a 307CC, like a coupe, hence I suspecting this is a 307CC-specifc part).

Assuming that buying the parts online is the way to go, I'm looking for recommendations as a source for the parts.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You might find these pictures interesting if you've never taken the door card off your 307!!

The first picture shows the door stripped right back as far as a I can get it, in order to gain access to the window and lifting mechanism.

The second picture shows the 3 items I believe that I need to get hold of to do the repair job.

I suspect that I will have to remove the glass from the door (or at least detach it from the lifting mechanism) in order to get access to the cable mounting points - I can't see any other way of doing it without removing the glass.

Unfortunately, I can't see any way of getting access to the right hand glass mounting bolt to do this. It's behind the speaker somewhere, but the hole in the metal door panel that is behind the speaker doesn't quite appear to be in the write spot to grant access to the mounting bolt. Weird - I must be missing something!

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I can get this problem fixed I'll happily post a guide to help others out in the future. I'm sure I'll get there in the end, but at the moment I seem to have hit a bit of a roadblock in (a) finding the parts and (b) getting the glass out of the door.

Watch this space........

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, I think that the part to be ordered is called the 'regulator' - nothing to do with electrical regulators, purely mechanical.

I've attached a picture of one. I think it seems easier to get the whole regulator as one complete kit, rather than order just parts of it.

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
Have a look here for a few pointers.http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/307cc-window-motor-noise-109754/
The CC is different from all other 307's, the motors are different, the mechanism is different, the motors are even different between pre and post face lift models.

The replacements are not direct fitment and use some original fixings and some new ones that come with the kit.
Nearside is quite easy the drivers side a bit of a pain.
Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Mike - that thread was really useful!!

I keep hearing that you need to buy the whole regulator to replace the parts that I need, but then I found this eBay seller which suggests I might be able to get the parts individually:

Peugeot 307 Cabriolet CC 2003 2008 Window Regulator Kit Front Left Door | eBay

It was great reading the thread. That's the first time after ALOT of Google searching that I've actually come across someone describing the same job I've been struggling with. The stuff about the access to the clips being really difficult and drilling out the speaker mount rivets made perfect sense to me (although disappointingly there didn't appear to be a solution proposed).

Still, it provides a clue for me - I'll drill out the speaker rivets and see where I go from there.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
Thanks Mike - that thread was really useful!!

Still, it provides a clue for me - I'll drill out the speaker rivets and see where I go from there.....
From memory the passenger side didn't need the speaker cowl removing, you can get at all the fitting with it in place. It was the drivers side I had to remove.
It would be easier with it removed, but on mine the rivets still had some of the centre stalks in the middle, so couldn't get a drill bit to set in and drill out. On the drivers side I had to grind out the rivets, carefully.
Mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks again Mike.

I will have a look again when I get home, but from memory I just can't see how you get access to the fixing that's behind the speaker somewhere.

I'm fairly confident that you don't get any visual on the fixing, so whatever you do it must be done blind. Whereas, the otherside of the window mechanism (the lefthand side based on the picture I posted before) you get a clear view of it through the access panel in the sheet metal.

When you mention 'clip' Mike - how does it all work? Is there a bolt holding the clip on?

I suppose I could remove the clip on the side that I have access to and have a look to learn more about it - but I was worried to do that without being able to remove the other clip at the same time (had visions of the glass slipping and slanting then cracking..........)

Stuart.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK. Ordered the stuff from eBay using the link above. Is just the cables and plastic cogs etc, not the full regulator assembly. It's a bit of a risk, but then again it's only $45 + $20 delivery.

The full regulator is $220 from a scrapyard locally, $250+ brand new on eBay. So that's Plan B.

Will report back with my findings once I receive the bits and have a go at installing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The parts arrived from eBay - all good they look perfect.

Now I just need to fit them. I guess the first step is to get the window glass out of the regulator, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.

The left hand side of the window (ie opposite site to the door hinge) is held on with a single bolt. Easy. However, the other side (nearest the door hinge) is just held on by the plastic runner and the only way I can think of to get it off is to allow the runner to run off the end of the regulator (ie drop the window to the bottom of the door). But, this isn't possible.

How the heck do you get this window out without breaking the plastic clip?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So I worked out that the plastic part holding the right hand side of the window on the regulator has a plastic securing clip (like a circlip) on the back - you just have to use brute force to pull it off.

So, Ive removed the circlip and the bolt on the left hand side, still can't get the window out. It's still held on it fixings by the regulator and it feels like the only way to get it out is to bend the regulator.

Either I'm completely stupid, or this is a b1tch of a job!! probably a bit of both :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
First: I've never done this job on a 307. I have, however, done it on 406 several times and on a bunch of other cars. Are you certain the glass have to come out? Because I have never had to remove it, usually you just slide it all the way up and stick a wood splinter or something in there to hold it up. Should be even easier on a cc.

This of course after freeing it from the regulator!

Hard to see from the part catalogue, but it looks like a small clip holding the window on one side at least.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Ohabu - I don't know if the glass needs to be removed completely, but it certainly needs to come off the fixings that attach it to the regulator so that I can fix the new cables to it.

That is the bit that I'm having the most trouble with - if I can detach it from the mountings on the regulator and push it up a few centimetres then I can get behind the mountings and attach the cables. However, to release it from the mountings it feels like you need to push the glass backwards, away from you and into the door - but it just dont want to budge and feels securely mounted in the regulator runners.

I'm obviously missing something - it's a bit like a Sherlock Holmes novel, I'm finding clues bit by bit and will eventually get there. When I do, I'll post up my findings so that the next person doens't have to work it out for themselves

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't know why my attached picture shrunk. Anyway, looked at it a bit closer. Here are some closer pictures. On the first one, part #22 seems to be a clip holding #21 (Lock Plate). On the 2nd one it looks like #20 "Glass support bracket" is helt in place by a bolt (#70), possibly entered from behind.

Also be aware that windows sometimes stick to the soft foam-thing the windows rest in.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for posting these Ohabu.

The clip #22 is identical in my 307CC, but the plastic bracket #21 is different on mine - on the 307 is has little arms that wrap around the rail and hence it wont come off, it's appears to require to be slipped off the end of the rail. However, it has a nipple on the back of it that goes through the hole in the glass (which is what clip #22 grips onto). Thus, you cannot slide it off unless you push the glass back far enough that the nipple is no longer going through the glass. This is the problem I'm having since the glass doesn't want to be pushed backwards. I can get a few mm out of it if I force it, but it's not enough.

I'm definitely missing something and it's probably obvious!!!

I'll see if I can post the corresponding pictures for the 307CC. Also, I have the #21 bracket that I can take a photo of and post since I got a new one with the new parts that arrived

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Incredibly, the workshop manual for my 307CC has exactly the same drawing that you posted for your 406 (ive attached mine below).

I can categorically tell you that it is wrong for the 307CC - at least part #21 is different. Not only on the car, but the spare part I received.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Incredibly, the workshop manual for my 307CC has exactly the same drawing that you posted for your 406 (ive attached mine below).

I can categorically tell you that it is wrong for the 307CC - at least part #21 is different. Not only on the car, but the spare part I received.
Nono, the pictures I posted are from servicebox for your 307cc:)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Seems that I am completely wrong - part #21 is in fact in there, but there is another crucial plastic part that is in there also that is not shown on the diagram.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts