Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Have an 06 plate 307cc. First trouble came at the weekend, lost throttle power and ended up crawling along at 5mph. Engine management system light came on. Took it to the local garage, they cleared the faults. 3 listings - Engine Torque, Throttle motor sensor and misfire random. All OK and drivable that evening and the next. Then broke down on my way home. Towed to the garage, warning lights on again. Local garage advised to take it to Peugeot main dealer as a possible ECU upgrade. System showed up another 9 faults !

Peugeot called and said coolant has leaked into the ECU and its waterlogged - I need a new ECU - £1000 please !

Does anyone know of this ? It is a 3 and a half year old car and it shouldn't happen. No warning lights of leaks or anything until the weekend. What can I do. Will Peugeot be able to do anything on the cost ?

Any help gratefully received.

·
Registered
280 Posts
We fixed a cc with the same problem last week, coolant thermister had cracked and coolant went through the wiring loom into the ecu like you said (new wiring loom and ecu required). Costly repair as you know. As yours is not too far out of warranty i would ring customer services and push for a contribution as long as its been serviced at a Peugeot dealer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
water

hi,,the one tyler mentioned got full parts contribution from peugeot.
the customer had to pay the labour but was only £250 to have engine wiring,ecu and coolant thermistor replaced.
perhaps post your location and someone maybe able to assist.

toddy

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks all,
I am in Harrow, Middlesex. Car is currently at Peugeot in Watford, waiting on a call from them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so Peugeot offered me £250 off the works so down to £787 now. Is that a reasonable offer or should I push for more ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Its a 2006 plate and only has 17500 on the clock. Last service was by Peugeot and Mot was Peugeot too.

·
Registered
134 Posts
water

hi,,what are they replacing???
the one we did was only £850
that was for engine ecu,coolant sensor,engine wiring loom,coolant and labour??
what hours are they trying to charge you??it's only a 2.5hr book time??
the parts cost around £600,pur customer got all the parts paid for.
toddy

·
Registered
9 Posts
307cc waterlogger ECU!

I have exactly same problem..went into limp mode and to cut long story short...thermostat had died and ECU waterlogged with tracking liquid...just under £1300to repair, plus had new throttle & throttle body as that was fault that registered at cost of around £300... haven't paid either yet and ECU repair not done as have phoned Peugeot direct and requested that they pay. Also a 307CC 06 plate. I await thier reponse.

·
Registered
9 Posts
got peugeot to pay half towards new ecu but they weren't keen! When I asked tech who's fitting it ..was it guaranteedhe said covered for a year. I said what if it happens again...and he said it won't because they've now fitted a switch to prevent it happeneing again... when I then said ..well it sounds like a fault that perhaps should be a recall...he agreed.Not really happy but still without my car after nearly a month...and at least they've given me a courtesy car otherwise I'd have probably lost both my jobs!!!!

Am talking to another poor soul with same problem as me...same plate number...she had extended warranty through her insurance but they won't pay out as they say it is water damage not mechanical failure...the same point I strssed when talking to the Peugoet people. She had a new ecu fitted at a local garage, but they didn't repair the leaking so 2 weeks later same problem occurred ...the peugeot garage up the road don't want to know!

Is there any way this can be flagged up as a recall...how does that happen???

G

·
A guy i work with had a problem with his speedo in a renault (dead dashboard) and had to fork out loads to get it fixed

A few of them (or a lot of them) reported it to watchdog/vosa etc and a few months later it was featured, reanult now fit replacements for just the cost of labour and anyone who has previously paid receives a refund!

Might be worth getting a few together and reporting it to as many places as possible, remembering to give as much info as possible, the more coverage it can get the better! as mentioned above, results can be had!! (true the renault case had legal issues as its against the law to have no speedo, but still worth a go!!) :thumb:

renault article http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2009/10/renault_get_lost_on_a_scenic_r.html

Report to watchdog.... http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/gotastory/

·
Registered
9 Posts
well...i'm up for that! Am going to write to Peugeot anyway and also person on other Forum will probably do so as well... now off to access Watchdog, etc to start fussin'!!!!! So anyone else out there do so as well. Will report back results.......power to the people who don't want much!

G

·
I fondly remember when Watchdog tried to bring a class action against Rover for HGF on the 1.4 K series motor. They got hundreds of replies, but by the time their engineer had eliminated those caused by coolant maintenance (they're basically a race derived engine and coolant has to be spot-on with the mixture and changed every 2 years without fail), low coolant, or leaky/damaged pipes, rads etc, they had the grand total of zero genuine unnaccounted for failures.

I can't see any warranty paying for this ECU issue becuase it's a consequential failure caused by a fault elsewhere, and no warranty pays for consequential faults, and the T&Cs explain this, but people never read them before signing.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts