Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:)

Apologies to those who have given advice on this subject earlier. The used mirror has arrived and now it needs to go on the car so the question is...............

Is the process the same as for lets call it a normal 307 in terms of removing the trim etc and is the coloured cover on the mirror removable cos the original is black and is ok but the replacement is a metalic blue.

D

·
0 Posts
The door cards on the 307cc are different to the normal car. There are two parts. The door mirror connector is plugged into the drivers door module ie the window regulator ecu.
Strip all the screws off the door card and a bit of brute force and ignorance pull the door card off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, so is the door trim fixed by screws to the door itself and are there any other bits that have to come off first such as the handle etc. Not to bothered about the electics as I guess that there will be a couple of plugs inside the door.

Can you also tell me about the mirror cover and is it removable to replace with the correct coloured item?

I appreciate your help but one final question do you know the size of the torque screw remover

D

·
0 Posts
You'll need t20 and t30 screwdrivers.
The mirror cover comes off yes. Just unclip it carefully.
The door handle comes off yes, there are screws behind it. remove the window switches also.
You'll manage the finest, don't worry. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Superb thank you. I am always concerned about jobs like this because when you start to pull things off without knowing what is holding them in place then all sorts of damage can be done. I guess that the plastic clips that help to fix the trim will all break and have to be replaced:lol:

D

·
0 Posts
Superb thank you. I am always concerned about jobs like this because when you start to pull things off without knowing what is holding them in place then all sorts of damage can be done. I guess that the plastic clips that help to fix the trim will all break and have to be replaced:lol:
Not usless your dainty but forceful. :thumb:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will let you all know how it goes but David, thank you very much again for taking the time to post a reply. Top class:thumb:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts