Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 2ltr 180. Factory fitted CC, Will not engage, 40mph in 4th switch to on position, nothing happens. Press +/- still nothing. Anybody any idea as to cause?

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
likely to be a dodgy brake switch. Needed to replace this on both my 307's. My 04 plate doesn't show any error messages when cruise won't switch on whereas my 565 plate came up with a message on the MFD.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Is the stalk properly engaged in the com? Has it previously worked?
When selecting cc or speed limiter does it display on the instrument panel?

Could easily be brake switch as its a common fault but the above may help shed light on your issue.

·
5,671 Posts
Could also be clutch switch needs adjusting. Try lifting the clutch pedal slightly with your foot and see if it will engage (you can often hear the switch click when you press clutch if its set correctly)

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
On my 04 reg car, cruise only works with one of the modes that doesn't display the set speed. Tried setting it on the modes that do display the speed but it just wouldn't work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
307cc cruise control not working

Had to get Peugeot dealer to reset, not known what caused it to stop working, only sign was accelerator pedal sensor open circuit, which when fault was cleared, still no cruise. Who knows, but its OK now

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Had to get Peugeot dealer to reset, not known what caused it to stop working, only sign was accelerator pedal sensor open circuit, which when fault was cleared, still no cruise. Who knows, but its OK now
Clearing the error but not repairing the actual fault won't allow the cruise to work. Dealers no doubt repaired the fault which is why it works again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Clearing the error but not repairing the actual fault won't allow the cruise to work. Dealers no doubt repaired the fault which is why it works again.
Do they sometimes clear the error and not actually fix it?

I assume this is what the PP2000 thing does, used for clearing errors

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
PP2000 is a diagnostic aid which can display error codes with information, Live data, show the state of switches in real time so you can see if they are working and also operate actuators like solenoids and window motors etc. It also allows you to delete the errors from the ecu's (clear errors) but does not fix anything faulty apart from incorrect programming. Someone has to use the info obtained from PP2000 to correctly diagnose, trace and physically repair the fault.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts