Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I've bought suspension parts recently for my own car when overhauling suspension.

Just had a few quotes of nearly £500 for rear shocks and rear springs from dealerships.

Does the 307cc have its own bespoke rear shocks and springs not shared with the 307 hatch / estate?

I know the rear of cabriolet is heavier than typical 307 as the rear tyres wear at same rate as front with all extra weight of roof mechanism, etc.

Pair of rear shocks are £122 from dealer.
Pair of rear springs are £135 from dealership.

Local motorstore want £44 for pair of springs, £52 for pair of rear shocks.

Brand of rear shocks are 'Optima'. Said they are OE and air (gas) not oil filled.

Anyone advise on whether rear shocks are oil or gas filled? Also, anyone advise on brand of rear shocks?

I bought springs from motorstore before, Kilen brand (Swedish?) and they were like for like in ride quality.

A couple of rear bumpstops are £100. At this price it might be as case of stripping car then ordering parts depending on what actually needs replacing.

On a Skoda I don't think I paid much more than £20 per pair of bumpstops.

Is the 307cc a particularly pricey car for parts?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Got shocks and springs for £100 for rear.

Anyone doing a rear suspension change,
The bump stops are £45each , the upper cup and lower rear spring cup are each £20. The old parts were in good condition.
Had to remove recessed seized top nut on rear shocker. Had to angle grind grooves in chrome barrel to allow spanner to hold it.

Looks like the rear pivot axle bush are past their best. The nut was nut centralised in bush.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts