Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The led brake boot light (the light strip on the boot or third brake light) on my 2003 307cc is playing up and only one half lights up.

Does the whole unit need to be replaced or is it just a case of replacing bulbs inside it?

Either way, is it easy to get to? Looks like the cover of the boot lid needs to be removed first (from inside).

Regards,

Richard

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi

I have the 307 hatchback and if yours is the same as mine, the tailgate light can be removed, there are two nuts to undo behind it. Once removed, you'll see a row of bulbs which can be removed one at a time. You may find one or more of the bulbs blown, but more likely they need to be re-seated. Pull one out and gently bend the thin wires outwards and re-seat it. Do the same for all of them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

I have the 307 hatchback and if yours is the same as mine, the tailgate light can be removed, there are two nuts to undo behind it. Once removed, you'll see a row of bulbs which can be removed one at a time. You may find one or more of the bulbs blown, but more likely they need to be re-seated. Pull one out and gently bend the thin wires outwards and re-seat it. Do the same for all of them.
Hi Janner,

Thank you so much! That makes sense - it might actually work.

Actually, i've done something similar with the indicator bulb holder on the front headlight - i've bent the connectors outwards a little bit and it sprung back into life.

Will let you know how I get on.

Richard

·
Registered
5 Posts
Janner

Hello. Sorry to highjack this post but I'm trying to get in touch with Janner as I believe he has the Peugeot Planet software and lives in the Plymouth area.
Thanks Jowdak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts