Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A friend rang me this morning and asked if i could hook up planet to his 307cc later in the week. Now being a petrol engine i do not really know what causes this message so any ideas what i should be paying attention to? Planet will no doubt give me some faults but a good idea of what could cause it would still be welcome:D
I am pretty sure this message is generic for a multitude of problems and am actually looking forward to hooking up my kit to the car in a sadistic type of way! :)

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've experienced similar....could be the o2 sensors, coil pack,plugs, maybe even the cat....i do know there have been some bad o2 sensors, my problem was the first one at the front of the cat. let us know how you get on.....

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Yes zoo "antipollution" is the name for a fault on a pug it could be anything , when you read the faults highlight the actual fault and go to the bottom bar there should be an f5 button that should give you more information about the fault,keep a record of the faults and clear ,wait a few days and read again to see if any reappear.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Just hooked the car up to planet and am getting the following-P0141

intermittent fault. downstream oxegen sensor heating control open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth.

sensor replacement sounds reasonable????? failing that i guess a check of the connectors and wiring to the heat circuit if i can get a diagram?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
zooankski said:
Just hooked the car up to planet and am getting the following-P0141

intermittent fault. downstream oxegen sensor heating control open circuit, short circuit to positive, short circuit to earth.

sensor replacement sounds reasonable????? failing that i guess a check of the connectors and wiring to the heat circuit if i can get a diagram?
Getting the hang of it already.:D

·
Registered
196 Posts
wiring on the sensor m8 mine was like a green sludgy stuff in the plug give it a goo clean and cover it in vaserline or somat simular

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes mate-thanks!, now to try and get it sorted. Anyone had this fault before? I don't have a problem checking wiring but a simple sensor would be nice.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bigboots said:
wiring on the sensor m8 mine was like a green sludgy stuff in the plug give it a goo clean and cover it in vaserline or somat simular

I will take a look tomorrow-is the sensor simply at the rear end of the CAT and obvious?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
All fixed-got a Bosch rear oxegen (lambda) sensor off of ebay for £50 as opposed to £150+ from Peugeot!!!. Managed to fit it with a minimal of problems although access to the rear sensor is limited due to it sitting upwards and against the heat shield.
Took the car for a good spin and no faults on arrival back at home:D
Just regarding the sensor. The parts guy would not initially give me the part number but a quick call to Peugeot UK sorted that. They were not at all happy that the sales guy at the dealership was being an a##e hole:D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts