Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen, I beseech you for your aid!

I am the (previously happy) owner of a 2006 plate 307cc 2 litre diesel HDI. However, my joy has been abruptly brought to a halt by the anti pollution issue. I've had a fair scan through the blacklog of posts about the anti pollution fault on 307s and can see that Peugeot included it for a laugh. However, none of the threads seem to point exactly to my issue. I'm hoping your sage advice will assist me in the short and medium term, in addressing my Peugeot woes.

About 3 days ago I noticed a grating sound coming from my car when I was at between 1800 and 2000 revs. It was particularly noticeable when I partially depressed the clutch (possibly because doing so reduced ambient noise). I did some research and the advice seems to be that this particular fault may be caused by a worn clutch release bearing. I haven't had an opportunity to get that sorted yet.

Today and apparently independently, the engine warning light came on, and the dreaded "anti pollution fault" warning was displayed on the dash. Immediately after this warning showed my car seemed to loose any "oomph", and the feel is like the turbo is no longer kicking in.

I have a 206 also (which I am scrapping today, actually) that had the anti pollution issue repeatedly, I garaged it three times and the mechanic was no wiser; he would reset the warning on the ECU, run some scrubbing liquid through the tank and that was about it.

I would be most grateful for any advice on the above, particularly as I really need to put in 400 miles over the next 2 days. Do you think I am ok to drive it as it is?

Cheers!

Kris

·
Registered
14,647 Posts
Anti pollution fault is generic as you know you need it plugged in to read ALL the info available but its not going to be a quick fix and its not going to be good for the car to continue driving it

Common issues are vacuum leaks faulty turbo repeat sensor sticky EGR valve boost leaks bad glow plugs meaning the DPF is not regening no fluid left again meaning no regen the list goes on and on!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anti pollution fault is generic as you know you need it plugged in to read ALL the info available but its not going to be a quick fix and its not going to be good for the car to continue driving it

Common issues are vacuum leaks faulty turbo repeat sensor sticky EGR valve boost leaks bad glow plugs meaning the DPF is not regening no fluid left again meaning no regen the list goes on and on!!
Thanks dude.

I have booked her in with the local dealership, unfortunately as I am away next week she will be left on my mate's drive til I return. Will let you know how I get on. Symptoms really fee like a turbo issue, and as it's a dealership I expect big bucks for repair.

Cheers for the advice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cheers for your advice all. best bet would be to hook up with a local lad and give him a few beer tokens for the benefit of access to pug planet. alas, I have no confidence in driving her at the mo.

borrowed a car for the weekend!

Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
cheers for your advice all. best bet would be to hook up with a local lad and give him a few beer tokens for the benefit of access to pug planet. alas, I have no confidence in driving her at the mo.

borrowed a car for the weekend!

Will keep you updated.
this is such a regular Question that I have a copy of it on my desktop for pasting in this Forum
go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/general-discussion-2/need-20-posts-before-pm-13646/

post anything you wish until you reach 20 posts

then go here
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/
and search the Planet map for forum users in your area

then PM the nearest planet guru for a diagnostic

Hope this helps :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
update as promised!

Dropped Scarlett in the local Peugeot garage on Saturday afternoon and got her back on Tuesday. Garage advised that the fault was a reported underpressure on the turbo, but they couldn't replicate. they also said that an ABS cable was damaged (I did get this fault at the same time) and they think the engine went in to limp mode to prevent me killing myself while I got home. they replaced the cable, cleared the fault and gave her back. Have to say it was cheaper than I had anticipated.

However, I am not yet out of the woods. I still seem to be having a problem at between 1800 and 2100 revs, it feels exactly like my motorbike did when I was running out of fuel and had to switch to the reserve. It's particularly noticeable in second and third gear, when the car gets "jittery" (it's accelerating then it's not, then it is, then it's not) and I have to change upwards and stay in low revs to combat it. I am used to being able to coast at 30 in 3rd gear, but now having to stay in low revs in 4th, and feel slightly uneasy anywhere near a speed camera as a result!

Talking to a colleague who knows cars and bikes, and he said it sounds like it could be a fuel injection issue. He also said the easiest way to deal with the matter is to get the garage to drive may car, so they feel the problem. This is what I will do, although with Christmas approaching I'll probably book her in in January.

However, if anyone has similar insight or experience I am grateful for it!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts