Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently bought a 2004 307cc and am having problems trying to open the roof. The boot opens up on the first part of the cycle then nothing happens and the dash shows a roof mechanism fault. Then it wouldn't go back down. I turned the Allen key bolt on top of the pump and then it let me drop the boot back down. I do not have an owners manual for the car but would love any help on how to manually put the roof down or any help with getting the problem fixed, Thanks :thumb:a

·
Registered
15,118 Posts
307 roof is not as easy to drop manually as the 206 is it sounds like you have a dodgy microswitch in the mechanism and when it fails to tell the ecu what it wants to see it shuts down.

Other possibility is a burst hydraulic pipe but you would see evidence of this with trims removed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would you be able to do a diagnostic to see what the problem is ? I'm in the Linlithgow area , so Falkirk is not a problem for me to get to ? Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If reliable can't do it then I have the diagnostics here am in Dunfermline but in Bo'ness area tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
I am not quite sure but i think the windows drop after boot does its thing? I do think planet is the way to go. would be interested in your findings as i have the 308cc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to both offers to have a look.

Just wanted to thank both offers to have a look at my roof problem. I bought the car last month as a non runner and a project. It's now a runner but still needs some work before I put it on the road for the summer. I was asking in general who could have a look at the roof problem maybe in a few weeks when it's on the road as I'm not in any rush. But if someone was in the area tomorrow and had some spare time then that would be ideal but if not I can wait till I put it on the road. It would just give me an idea of what else the car needs. Let me know about tomorrow if your going to be in the area, Thanks Steve. (Philpstoun, Linlithgow)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's fine, just finished work. Could you send me a contact number I can reach you on tomorrow ? I'm meant to be off but there's a chance I might get called into work so I could let you know at lunchtime if I'm going to be about in the afternoon , Thanks

1 - 14 of 14 Posts