Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

The wife has a 307cc which is the 2.0 petrol. she loves the car, but it has been playing up. Got it hooked up to a diagnostic and it says the crankshaft sensor is faulty.

Popped down the local motor factors, gave them the reg and they provided a new sensor. All simple so far.

Took the car home and from the diagram on the computer at the motor factors it said the sensor is on the top of the gearbox under the airbox?

Take the airbox off and there is not much in the way of electrical cables but just on connector with 2 pins and what looks like a 22mm head with the connector on the end. Now this is nothing like the sensor the motor factors gave me, so either I have the wrong local on the car or the wrong sensor from the motor factors?

Can anyone help with this problem and point me in the direction of what sensor I should have and exactly where it is. I have done all the usual google checks and nothing is shedding any light.

Thanks in advance

Steve

·
Registered
453 Posts
If it's a general code reader rather than P Planet then it could actually be coil pack.
My 206cc 2.0ltr had a misfire and said the same, turned out to be the coilpack and nothing whatsoever to do with the sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it's a general code reader rather than P Planet then it could actually be coil pack.
My 206cc 2.0ltr had a misfire and said the same, turned out to be the coilpack and nothing whatsoever to do with the sensor
Thanks, but already tried this and still the same fault. Any idea where the crankshaft sensor is located? And what it looks like?

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hi the crank sensor is located on top of gear box against the engine it self if you look you will see a wiring loom what runs side of the engine bolted to the head look just below it and you will see it. You will need a torch I think it a red and white wire what goes to it . I have the same car and I seen mine yesterday when I changed the clutch . I will update tomorrow morning it black in colour

·
Registered
50 Posts
That connection what under the air box is your reverse switch I think it grey in colour and it no where near the fly wheel .your crank sensor looks for the flywheel when it goes round to tell the ecu when to fire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. Just noticed you name. The wife's car is a petrol. Is yours a diesel? Is it in the same location

·
Registered
50 Posts
Rights can't get to show you a picture of the sensor but do you see the earth point on top of the gear box what I'm pointing to. Well it to the left of that under the wiring harness . Best I can do for you pal. Hope this helps let me know how you get on

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Perfect thanks no know exactly the earth point you mean as was trying to trace wires from this. Really appreciate the help as this has been driving me mad! At least if I get the car fixed the wife will be happy again

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where the wire harness is you can unclip . You will get more viability I think the crank sensor is helded on my a 10 mm head . What is the car doing to make you think it the sensor at fault

1 - 13 of 13 Posts