Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 307 HDI 2L diesel that has done 84k with fsh. It seems to have oil in the water (oily particles plus some white/cream) froth, which either means a previous owner has put oil in the water by mistake or theres a big problem with the engine/head gasket. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can diagnose the problem on my own?? Will it help seing if th same oily mess is in the radiator? Any ideas on how much a head gasket will cost to do? it seems odd that its gone so quick!
Thanks for your time,
Will

·
Registered
862 Posts
wilbaspank said:
Hi,
I have a 307 HDI 2L diesel that has done 84k with fsh. It seems to have oil in the water (oily particles plus some white/cream) froth, which either means a previous owner has put oil in the water by mistake or theres a big problem with the engine/head gasket. Has anyone got any suggestions on how I can diagnose the problem on my own?? Will it help seing if th same oily mess is in the radiator? Any ideas on how much a head gasket will cost to do? it seems odd that its gone so quick!
Thanks for your time,
Will

Is the car belching out white smoke or does the header tank smell of exhaust fumes? A garage would cost around £300-£500 for a h/g.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no white smoke - what does that rule out...? havnt smelt the water tank yet, will do asap! thanks for your post

1 - 4 of 4 Posts