Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just got a 20ltr 307 xsi that was left for about 6 months with a flat battery previous owner then fitted a new battery and all he got was the alarm going off nothing else would function he put a new battery in the key fob but nothing happened, I got given the car and am about to pick it up my question is there a process to reconnect the battery and if the alarm goes off when its connected how do I shut it of to procede ?

·
Registered
14,625 Posts
If it has been left with the battery connected for 6 months while it went flat there is a good chance the key codes are lost.

The alarm is under one of the wings I think its passenger side you can disconnect the wires there before reconnecting battery.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
First thing I would do would be to sync the key as it probably doesn't recognise the transmitter codes. Put the key in the ignition and turn it to the first position. Press and hold the lock button on the keyfob for ten seconds then remove the key and press the lock button to see if the doos lock. Now try to start it. If it turns over but doesn't start then it is likely to be as Reliable says and needs the key reprogramming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts