Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

After on going investigations of a very poor engine rebuild from a so called local garage, I'm needing to replace the cylinder head along with the cams due to bad scoring (this is one mammoth can of worms!!).

I know how to lock the crank timing and there's a lock off point for the exhaust cam, but how do I time up the inlet cam?

I notice there is a yellow / cream coloured dot on one of the teeth of the inlet cam, but I can't see any markings on the chain or exhaust cam to line it up with?

Any info on this would be a massive help and greatly appreciated.

Thank you :thumb:

·
Registered
179 Posts
If this is the 2.0 DOHC then the Haynes manual says there are coloured links on the timing chain which should be lined up with the marks on each camshaft sprocket. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If this is the 2.0 DOHC then the Haynes manual says there are coloured links on the timing chain which should be lined up with the marks on each camshaft sprocket. Hope this helps.
That's a great help thanks for that mate :thumb:

I will check the chain and exhaust cam later on today, I had a brief look for markings when I took the head off but could only see the inlet cam tooth marked - I did write the head off pretty quick though once I saw the state of the cams so my bad for not looking properly.

Thanks again, I'll keep you posted :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can confirm after completely cleaning the chain and exhaust cam sprocket that the cam is marked on the tooth the same as the inlet cam, and the chain has 2 very slightly darker coloured links to define the timing settings - the links aren't that obvious unless you decontaminate the chain from used oil.

Thanks for your pointer on this Trevor. :thumb::thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts