Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

first time on ere so ill be quick.

I have a 51 plate 307xsi, basically when i turn the A/C or ECO mode on on the car then ever so oftern i get a realy bad smell ov petrol in the cab. sometime even with the control to off the car still blows air and the smell comes bk. It get so bad sometimes i have to drive with the windows open

PLS COULD ANYONE HELP

many thanks for reading

keeno2k7

·
Registered
862 Posts
keeno2k7 said:
Hello

first time on ere so ill be quick.

I have a 51 plate 307xsi, basically when i turn the A/C or ECO mode on on the car then ever so oftern i get a realy bad smell ov petrol in the cab. sometime even with the control to off the car still blows air and the smell comes bk. It get so bad sometimes i have to drive with the windows open

PLS COULD ANYONE HELP

many thanks for reading

keeno2k7
Sounds as though your car is overfuelling,
If the smell is very strong when cold but goes away as it's warming up, it could be the fuel pipes at the engine where by they can leak when cold but as a bit of heat builds up the pipes seal themeself up again.

If you can smell the petrol strong coming through the airvents after startup it's a good bet the problem is under the bonnet.
If you lift the bonnet first thing in the morning and then start the car and quickly smell for the strong fumes you may well be able to see the fault, sometimes it's just a light sweating others it's drip drip dripping away.
Worth a look as it doesnt cost anything to take a peek.

I assume your airfilter isnt blocked? if it isnt then one of the sensors may well be the problem, the coolant temp sensor is one of the most important sensors on the fueling side of things.The oxygen sensor is another which could cause this problem but to a much less severe level.
but it would be worth getting this checked as soon as you can,because if the engine is overfueling heavily it can leed to bore wash in the cylinders eventually and excessively contamina the engine oil amongst other things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
307 petrol smell

Thanks for the advice....

Upon further investigation the car seems to be smelling when you are either costing into a junction, ie clutch in and going into gear, or Setting off with a bit of rev's.

Ive looked at the coolant sensor and it seems to be working ok, as the temp of the engine seems to be fine. With the oxygen sensor im hoping that you meen the lambda sensor, if so i belive that there is 2. One being infront of the cat and one after.

Is there any way of cleaning these or would it be best to get new ones, btw the car has done bout 48000 miles

oh and finaly would changing the pollen filter make a difference?

Thanks for takin the time to read this

keeno2k7

·
Registered
862 Posts
keeno2k7 said:
Is there any way of cleaning these or would it be best to get new ones, btw the car has done bout 48000 miles

oh and finaly would changing the pollen filter make a difference?

Thanks for takin the time to read this

keeno2k7
I would replace them ,give yourself piece of mind,the pollen filter could be blocked,have a look and replace if necessary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts