Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently brought a 307 XSI 136 for my sister. Before I let her have the vehicle i want to sort the few random issues out with the car.

I was wondering if someone can help me with the fault codes i have for the engine management.
The codes i have are:

P1598 COOLING CIRCUIT BYPASS SOLENOID VALVE SHORT CIRCUIT
P1351 POST HEATING RELAY CIRCUIT
P2565 WASTEGATE CONTROL SOLENOID POSITION REPEAT VOLTAGE TOO HIGH
P2563 WASTEGATE CONTROL SOLENOID VALVE POSITION UNEXPECTED

Im not to bothered about the top two but i need to fix the others as the car only boosts for a few minutes before saying anti-pollution fault and goes into limp home mode.

Im pretty sure the p2565 fault code is being caused by electronic turbo actuator position sensor. The small black sensor on top of the actuator with 3 bolts
Is the P2563 fault the same thing? the reason i ask is that the P2565 code wont erase but the car boosts with it (a bit jerky under boost. When it goes into limp home mode the P2563 code appears.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
If any fault is reported as permanent then you will be unable to erase the code until the faul;t causing it is repaired. Once the ecu notices the repiar has been carried out by getting the expected values then it should allow the codes to be cleared. Getting it hooked up to the proper diagnostic kit and observing live data before and after the error kicks in will be much better at pointing you in the right direction for diagnosing the real problem. The sensor may not be faulty but correctly reporting some other error.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts