Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, recently the management light came on with the dreaded "anti pollution fault". After some diagnostics I turned out th fuel rail pressure was low thus indicating a leak. No leaak seemed apparent as the engine was clean, no smell of hot diesel and no loss in engine power, so I disregarded this as a duff fuel rail pressure sensor. It's been a Month or two now and I have noticed liquid around the injectors of cylinders 3 and 4 which is dark and had solidified. I can only suspect this is fuel, but I can tell if its coming from the tube coupling or the injector itself. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
post a picture up, if it is what i think it is its your intake seals the brother done one a few weeks back was the intake seals and the injector seals inc copper washer, do you notice any strange noise from them top when the engine is running?

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, recently the management light came on with the dreaded "anti pollution fault". After some diagnostics I turned out th fuel rail pressure was low thus indicating a leak. No leaak seemed apparent as the engine was clean, no smell of hot diesel and no loss in engine power, so I disregarded this as a duff fuel rail pressure sensor. It's been a Month or two now and I have noticed liquid around the injectors of cylinders 3 and 4 which is dark and had solidified. I can only suspect this is fuel, but I can tell if its coming from the tube coupling or the injector itself. Any ideas?
This is not fuel but blowby from the injector sealing washer at the base of the injector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I shall post one tomorow, I did have someone have a quick look at it and said it could be the injector base seals but he wasn't sure.
I had a close listen to the injectors whilst the engine was running and noticed a slight repeated hiss from one of the injectors which was the one surrounded by most of the fluid, I asume this could be the blow by? But surely this cannot effect fuel rail pressure as this would be fuel/air mixture escaping during compression?

Cheers guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts