Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just wanted to know if any has installed hid kits to their 307 year 2007 new shape and also did these cars come from factory with hid kits if they chose the option ? the reason why im asking because if i put a hid kit on my 307 would it damage the lens of the headlight or anything round the lights etc.. need some information before i go further with this, thanks in advance :)

here is a picture of my headlight what it looks like and see if they were made xenon hid kits. thanks

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Not real advice to your question, but nice car! Don't usually like black but works on yours.:thumb:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh ok thanks :) mate yh just really want some advice and info thats all because im planning on installing some hid kits on my car just want to know if they will be the same as like coming from factory cheers anyway.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you are asking whether this model 307 had factory fitted HID Xenons as an option from new - yes it did. This video demonstrates (and also shows a clever retrofit DRL)

·
Registered
464 Posts
Be aware that your car may very well fail it's MOT if you put aftermarket xenons in the standard halogen headlamps - there are a few reasons for this (beam pattern, self leveling required etc) but the bottom line is that if your headlamps were not specifically designed for xenons, fitting them will make the car fail the MOT

·
Registered
119 Posts
Good point - and crucially you also must have headlamp washers fitted with Xenons - because they are brighter they must be kept clean in order to prevent dirt deflecting the light at oncoming cars.

Not worth the effort IMO.

·
Registered
119 Posts
On an unrelated note I was just reading about lighting to check I had it right and found something about VW 'dynamic lighting' - incredible technology.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have hid's on my 206 and it has not even had an advisory for my hid's before never mind a fail at either garage in the past 2 years

Sent from my LG-P500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey guys thanks all for the reply's and advice i have been trying to make sure etc... for a very long time so i can be sure for stuff like this but what i still dont unserstrand i see cars with xenon head lights as standerd without headlight washers unless they after market but the car is brand new 62 plate or even a car i know myself from a mate had xenon from factory confused? also my headlights are projectors they are for xenon of what im aware off because i have seen the same model as mine but top spec fully loaded with xenon headlights they look the same from outside just of course is has the HID kit im lost... its like the vw passat they have a similar lenses to my 307 so thats why im having trouble :( i would love xenon headlights would like nice on my car my car is fully loaded apart from xenon and a few other bits which im planning to do if you see my other thread but we need to get to the bottom of this lool thanks again everyone :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
here is the link to my other thread http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/my-307-sport-need-advice-27101/

i mean i also want daylight running lights DRL aswell if it will look good on the car but i really want xenon that are road legal and wont fail my MOT :( i mean i haven't even seen a different type of headlights of this car like i said seen exact same headlight as mine with xenon and no headlight washers ? tried to call local dealer said we don't deal with the 307 anymore great news! :mad:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no not just that the ones you can stick on he lower bumper like the new models for example the 308 with the led's going down on the side VERY NICE! lol THEY sell them on ebay etc even on the Phillips bulb site. they look nice but if i really cant fit xenon for the cars sake as in damaging the lenses then forget it might have to for the bright white/bluey halogen bulbs :( but im sure someone can confirm i can put them on and they are safe cheers again lads for the help :thumb:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've fitted hid's into my 307 facelift , the beam pattern is perfect, with the headlghts being focal lense, not reflecter, its these type of lights that you get the beam scatter with, and if you know a friendly mot tester , they will pass without washers or self leveling.. You wont get any heat damage because hid runs cooler than normal bulbs..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
oh ok thanks steve for that info but have you EVER seen a 307 with all them option ob the headlights auto adjust headlight washers because i have never seen any around even top spec models like the FELINE,GT with them headlights i just thought factory xenon headlights had the same lenses and look the same etc.. :confused: and if i do put xenon head lights isit A H7 OE H1 because i have put my car specs on loads off different sites and they give me one on the other H7/H1 :confused: LOOL THAT'S a other problem

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
OH OK thanks FOG lights ARE H11 that means high beam are H7 cool you know hat xenon kit you used ? and do they look nice on the car ? like it looks new ? :lol::)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts