Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ive got a 52 peugeot 307 2.0 16v xsi petrol, its currently in economy mode so wont start, the electric windows wipers and climate control dont work either, the central locking works fine and electric mirrors fold in as they should when its locked, also if i turn the ignition off and leave the key in it beeps so recognises the keys there. the ignition all comes on fine and the engine turns over fine but will not fire, ive taken the fuel pipe off the injector rail and turned the ignition on and fuel comes through fine. so will turn over fine and got fuel but no start so was just seeing if anyone on here has any ideas as what it could be?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi i left the car sitting on my drive for around 4 months as had a company van to use and the tax expired on the 307 i was still starting it regularly for the fist month or so but then with working away just forgot, but anyways came to it and the battery was flat so changed the battery but now wont start. ive tried changing the bcm under the bonnet with another bcm same part number as my mate told me his had them fail on him in the past but still exactly the same. i was wonering if theres anyway of checking if its got a spark as its got fuel and turns over fine. thanks

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hi yes just found out one of my moms mates have got peugeot planet or software to code keys to cars as they work for a vehicle locksmith company, but had alook through my folder and i havent got the plastic card with the security transponder pin code on it so i will contact you when im back home about 4ish to buy the code off you. Also the battery light on the dash stays on constant all the time the keys in the ignition and the remote central locking still works but read in another post that if the immobiliser stopped working then the central locking wouldnt work either?

·
Registered
14,530 Posts
central locking can still work even if immobiliser not happy

Car is in economy mode because the battery went flat it will come out economy mode once started all the things that are not working are not working because its in economy mode
Member on here had similar issue recently and im sure it was a fuse under bonnet somewhere

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks mate ill go check my fuses to see if any are blown and then see if i can find the post on here, if all the fuses are ok i think my next step will be to buy the transponder pincode and get my moms mate to try reprogramming the key to the car tomorrow using pp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi i just checked all the fuses in the glovebox and the ones under the bonnet and there all fine, noticed when i turn the sidelights on or lock unlock it with the remote key theres a buzzing rumbling noise coming from behind the dash, also the bsi clicks once if turn anything on like sidelights, so now theres no fuses blown think my best bet is to try reprogramming the key so gona buy the pincode now and try reprogramming it tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope never got it sorted tried programming the key to the car but it wouldnt accept the transpoder code so decided im going to break it or sell the car as a non runner as bought a new car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wont start

Hi
I used my 52 307 to jump start another car (4x4) and fried a fuse, 30a. Replaced it and fried it again trying to start it. Now it doesnt fry but it wont start. All fuses seem ok (inside car and under bonnet). Elec winndows dont work. What else have I blown up? No fault codes.

If anyone can help that would be :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts