Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help my car wont start it cut out and wont jump/bump start. Its turning over but wont start engine. No fuel getting to it. Searched for 3 hours for the fuel cut off switch cant find it. Had diagnostic done no faults came up. Anyone no what i can do

G

·
0 Posts
Some faults on Peugeots relate to the in-tank priming pump ( if your car has one )

It might sound daft but try giving the bottom of the fuel tank a wallop then try starting. You should hear a sort of whirring/whooshing sound for a few seconds when you first put the ignition on, this is the in-tank pump.

If you don't have an in-tank pump, but a priming bulb in the engine bay instead, try getting a mate to start the car while you are repeatedly squeezing the bulb.

Make sure its not in gear first though......

Is the fault definitely fuel related? Does the car beep if you leave the keys in the ignition when opening the drivers door?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no need for sarci comments. Im a lady and havnt got a clue! I have come on here to ask advice and help not get sarcastic comments. It is a peg 307 petrol 1.6 2003 plate.

Yes the car bleeps if keys still left in ignition.. could it be key immboliser, fuel pump, fuel relay ? All i no is no fuel getting through to engine at all. Its turning over but not starting. Also cant seem to find fuel cut off switch?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi there,

Can i just ask, unless ive missed something, how do you know for sure there is fuel getting to the engine?

Have a look on the planet map and see if someone near you can do a pp2000 diagnostics, as its been said some generic scanner dont always pick things up on this cars.

If the car bleeps with key in ignition, it means the key is still coded to the car. So i doubt it would immobiliser.

Maybe a fuel pump issue. Have a look on the owners manual for the fuses numbers and locations. It has a full list on it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hi miss:)

There are several things you can check. Let me try to list them and explain:

1. As Ginger said, switch your ignition key to on, but do not try to start. Can you hear a pump (like a whine) from the rear of the car for a few seconds? This is the in-tank fuel pump.
A picture of the fuel tank and explanation of where it is in this thread:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/307-38/where-fuel-pump-307sw-14652/

1.1: If you are unsure or can't hear it, you can remove the fuel line from the engine and see if any petrol comes out. Probably not something you should do unless you can get a mechanically experienced friend to help you out.

1.2: If the pump is not running then it is either the pump or the relay. Faulty connections can happen but are rare. You can try to hit the bottom of your fuel tank and see if the pump starts again. If this works, replace pump.
Pumps are something I would try to change myself, one of the first diy jobs I did and quite doable.

1.3: If the pump are running but still no fuel then your fuel filter might be done for. Rather unlikely on a petrol really.

1.4: If you can get some ignition gas (might have another name, I simply translated from Norwegian) you can try starting it with that. If it starts, the problem is fuel related.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi no u cannot hear fuel pump when u put key in. Also the fuel line been tried no fuel coming through at all. Tried easy start spray and very nearly started the engine but not quite. Car in eco mode active this due to low battery ? Also the fuel relay clicks quite alot whilst trying to start car up but cud this also be due to low battery. Thanku

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ive just tried leaving the key in ignition to see if car bleeps to rule out immboliser and its not bleeping when door is open. So is key immboliser still a possiblity? Thankyou all for all your replies very grateful

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
I was not being sarcastic people need to know ALL the info to give accurate answers !!

If the car beeps then key is coded if the car does NOT beep as you now seem to be saying then the key is not coded so it will not start BUT the fuel would normally still flow regardless as immobiliser cuts the ignition side not fuel pump.

Going on what you have told us I recon either your tank pump or wiring to the tank pump is the first thing to check there is no cut off switch that's why you cannot find it only older models have it.

If the pump wont run then it wont start if the key is not read then it wont start.

Wiring issues are by far the most common reason for issues on these check earths and fuses.

Economy mode NOT a problem merely a symptom.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry about that. Im new to the group as you can probably tell.. no bleeping at all with key in ignition i tried this not long ago, but like you say fuel should still go through even if its the key immboliser ? Ive had a friend check fuse's etc not sure if the fuel relay should be clicking as much as it is but is that due to low battery? Ive searched hours after phoning peugeot themselfs to find the cut off switch and there isnt one!! Least I know now.. thankyou

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Isnt there?! The person who looked at my car must not have a clue then 🙊 its something in the fuse box under the engine. Lots of wires this wire looks like its on its own that has its own little socket. If that makes sense ?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts