Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone help when travelling in my 2001 307 hdi it wobbles had a look under doesnt look like its been damaged anywhere what could be possible causes and would it be serious i had in mind buckled wheel or something wrong with tyre had a look at wheels cant really see any tyres thats mis shaped or anything

S

·
0 Posts
Buckled wheel is a possibility

more likely its a missing wheel weight, or the wheel is balanced incorrectly :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have something similar, when travelling at 70+ it feels like i have a buckled wheel, steering wheel wobbles from left to right and reaching 90+ seems to get worse.

Never notice it below these speeds.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had that - wobble from 70 to 80 only. It was a buckled front left wheel.

Moved it to the back and the problem went.
It'll be in the garage having an induction kit fitted after payday so i'll get them to swap the wheels front to back and see if that helps, many thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
500 Posts
Several things. Incorrect tyre pressure or worn tyres. They do not have to be right down to the min either. My tyre man said 307s are "sensitive" to tyres. Worn or cheap tyres can affect the car.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had this on mine from new, new wheel bearings, driveshafts, wheels balanced many times, even tyres removed & wheel balanced on their own,tyres refitted and balanced again, new wheels fitted never stopped the wobble about 72mph, over the years front suspension renewed, the only part never changed was the front hubs, wasn't a bad wobble just annoying, didn't need to look at the speedo to know what speed I was doing!

·
Registered
3,489 Posts
i found new inner track rods new outers.

front wheels balanced and get the tracking done by a proper place not one that uses those crap lasers cured mine

1 - 9 of 9 Posts