Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 (HA) which has developed a frustrating windscreen wiper habit - the wipers come on when ignition is switched on and swipe for 4 and a bit strokes and then stop on the path. Same thing happens when I then switch them on (single, slow, fast speed - all the same); process is repeated until they eventually park correctly. Same result when I want them to run continuously.
I have read posts on this but none seem to fit my symptoms. Have rebooted the BSI several times to no avail.
Any help would be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
A dry screen wouldn't cause these symptoms without another underlying fault, plus it happens on a wet screen too.
I'm inclined to suspect a fault in the switch or the comms 2000 unit, neither are particularly robust.

Roger.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Maybe but it is best to ask the poster if he has covered the basics before offering more technical answers which may or may not be the right one. I would go for the motor myself.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks folks - am leaning towards the comms 2000 being damaged; now recall the problem first appeared after a heavy rain overnight - with the drivers window down :-( . Have again rebooted the BSI several times since my first post, all other functions controlled by that are working fine. Have thought of squirting WD-40 down the stalk but don't want to amplify the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts